Contribute
Register

Guide: Gigabyte X79-UP4, 3930k, GTX 690, OCZ Vertex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I recently did my first hackintosh build by following your guide. I did everything and was able to boot normally with almost everything working, except for the display. It's doing slow motion while i'm using it. (I did a video to show you what i mean.) Please help me solve this issue. And i also installed drivers and cuda enabler that i downloaded from nvidia, but it still didn't fix the problem. By the way my system is built with GA-x79-UP4 + 4930k + Asus GTX 680 + 32GB 1866Mhz DDR3.

Here's the link to the video. Anyone please help.

https://vimeo.com/90064979

Thanks...

here are my settings,
works perfectly well and I have the memories to 1600ghz

[video=youtube;v_gcUMpyWpA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_gcUMpyWpA[/video]

I used the following guide as a starting point http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-guides/100560-guide-gigabyte-ga-x79-up4.html

This guide assumes you've already acquired OS X 10.9 Mavericks and created a bootable USB with ....aren't best scores but they are close for this clock speed.

Hi, I'm using the i7 4820k, x79 up4 f5 mobo and EVGA Geforce 760. I booted into installation with "-v cpus=1 npci=0x2000", but installer was very slow and I also experienced choppy mouse.

The only problem after installing is the slow/glitch thing again in Mavericks. Also my hackintosh has the wrong CPU information in "About This Mac". It shows that I am using the "Intel Xeon 4.3GHz Quad Core Processor". I was wondering if you experienced similar problems before? Thanks a bunch!

I have the same setup you have in your signature. Thats the UP4 with a 4930K and a GTX 770. I am having the same problem that Glittur is seeing where everything is running in slow motion. Clicking on windows is a long process of slowly animating the window forward.

The installation was also in slow motion but I just waited through it to see what would happen. It just took a long time for the USB drive to boot into the installer and everything was running really slow. Not only is feedback from the system slow but the mouse looks glitchy and slow.

I am booting with -v npci=0x3000 cpus=1.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix up this slow motion issue. I have tried changing various bios settings (speeds, UEFI vs Legacy, Clock Ratio, etc) I have changed the RAM I am using (ballistix) with Crucial ones just to see if it had any difference, and it did not.

Any Help? Thanks!

I followed egotrippin's http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...abyte-x79-up4-3930k-gtx-690-ocz-vertex-3.html

and works well,

did the installation Post MultiBeast?

1: Save VoodooTSCSync.kext to your desktop and install by running KextBeast (no need to edit the file if you have a 6 core CPU as it is set for 6 cores/12 threads by default - this kext allows all your cores to be seen so you don't have to keep using cpus=1 to boot)

2: Save FileNVRAM.dylib to \Extra\Modules (This fixed my iMessages logon issue)

(A Google search will quickly find both of these files)

After rebooting again, this time only using the bootflags "-v -f" I edited my "\Extra\ org.chameleon.Boot.plist" to look like the following:

Hey Guys!

i have some issues with the USB 3.0 . After installing everything, USB3.0 seems first to work fine, but after a short time the USB 3.0 Devices get ejected without any warnings. I've tried to install the USB 3.0 kexts from MB 5.2.1 like told from the threadstarter and now my machine get only every 2nd time above the grey screen and if i can see the dektop its frozen.

I will remove again the installed kexts in -x or -s Mode, but what then...?

Any ideas where the problem could be?

Sys: X79-UP4(F4),4960X, GTX670

best regards,
chimmy

Hello,my friend, I'm a hackintosh user from China, forgive my poor English~~~
My device : E5 1620 v2 , GA X79-UP4, GA 770 4GB, after this article's steps, i can use -f -v npci=0x3000 cpus=1 enter 10.9.4, but the computer is very very slow, so I wanna ask some question about the CPU 1620 v2. I didn't use the VoodooTSCSync kext, should I add it? Maybe this is the reason I can't enter system by native power management , so I have to add NullCPUPowerManagement to enter system. Please give me some advise about this CPU, use VoodooTSCSync? use SSDT? use native power management? Thank you very much in advance.

Got the same problem. Did you solve it?

I read that OS X has native support for the USB chip on that MB (Fresco FL1009) so I just removed the GenericUSBXHCI.kext and it did not work worse at least. But still devices eject now and then and it takes a long time for the directory listing in Finder. (When I try to partition a USB 3.0 drive it also acts weird and won't succeed.)

Hey Guys!

i have some issues with the USB 3.0 . After installing everything, USB3.0 seems first to work fine, but after a short time the USB 3.0 Devices get ejected without any warnings. I've tried to install the USB 3.0 kexts from MB 5.2.1 like told from the threadstarter and now my machine get only every 2nd time above the grey screen and if i can see the dektop its frozen.

I will remove again the installed kexts in -x or -s Mode, but what then...?

Any ideas where the problem could be?

Sys: X79-UP4(F4),4960X, GTX670

best regards,
chimmy

Thanks soo much helped a lot

have you fix this problem?????
please tell me how!!!!
thanks.

yes i installed it from MultiBeast.. and I restart it doesn't let go to the internet.

Hi. I recently did my first hackintosh build by following your guide. I did everything and was able to boot normally with almost everything working, except for the display. It's doing slow motion while i'm using it. (I did a video to show you what i mean.) Please help me solve this issue. And i also installed drivers and cuda enabler that i downloaded from nvidia, but it still didn't fix the problem. By the way my system is built with GA-x79-UP4 + 4930k + Asus GTX 680 + 32GB 1866Mhz DDR3.

Here's the link to the video. Anyone please help.

https://vimeo.com/90064979

Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back