Contribute
Register

[Guide] Gigabyte BRIX using Clover UEFI (GB-BXi5H-4200/GB-BXi5-4570R/GB-BXi7-4770R)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI RehabMan

Great guide that almost anyone can follow (seems I am the exception)

Hoping you can help me. I am a little stuck.

I get stuck booting to the installation.
Model Brix : GB-BXi3H-4010

These are the kexts I am using (In the "other" folder) I have deleted all numbered folders.
View attachment 184166

Why is AppleUSBXHCI.kext there. It is not called for by the guide.

These are the uefi drivers I have
View attachment 184165

The guide calls for OsxAptioFixDrv-64, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

And this is the screen I get when I try to boot to the OSX El Capitan Install.

Follow the guide as written.

Boot verbose for troubleshooting.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Working now. I don't really understand why but I won't complain.

Reinstalled Clover straight over the last install. Transferred the FAkeSMC.kext and the ethernet kext

Did not transfer the USB3 Kext.

The guide calls for OsxAptioFixDrv-64, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
Left this as is so was still using OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

for some reason worked.

Did not transfer the USB3 Kext.

Good. Because the USB kexts already in OS X work fine.

Left this as is so was still using OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

for some reason worked.

Both will work, but OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi is what I'm using and what is recommended in the guide.

Anyone update to 10.11.5? currently on 10.11.2 and have never updated before. Any issues or things I need to do prior to installation?

Took the plunge. Updated without doing anything beforehand (except backup). Bluetooth stopped working for some reason but ill try to get it back up and running.

Last edited:
Anyone update to 10.11.5? currently on 10.11.2 and have never updated before. Any issues or things I need to do prior to installation?

I haven't updated this one yet, but soon... It should just work.

Took the plunge. Updated without doing anything beforehand (except backup). Bluetooth stopped working for some reason but ill try to get it back up and running.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Seems I'm a little late to the party, but I was able to install 10.11.5 on my Brix. I didn't run into a lot of the issues this post mentioned, though. I was able to install via Unibeast out of the box (a welcome relief after my Yosemite install experience) and boot into OS X to run Multibeast.

At that point, my only issues were no WiFi/Bluetooth, no sound, and poor graphics acceleration (my card shows up as
Intel HD Graphics 4400 8 MB). So I decided to use the install_downloads.sh script from the brix repository and follow the later steps in this post. Turns out, mixing these instructions with the generic Unibeast instructions was a bad idea. Following these steps after using Unibeast/Multibeast broke my Clover install severely, and I ended booting via USB. Bluetooth/Wifi worked great, but there's no sound and I still have graphics issues and a mis-detected card. At this point, I'm thinking that wiping the box, re-installing via Unibeast/Multibeast, and then hacking in the WiFi/Bluetooth drivers is my best course of action.

Does anyone have any experience with getting graphics acceleration working properly with the GB-BXi5H-4200?

Seems I'm a little late to the party, but I was able to install 10.11.5 on my Brix. I didn't run into a lot of the issues this post mentioned, though. I was able to install via Unibeast out of the box (a welcome relief after my Yosemite install experience) and boot into OS X to run Multibeast.

This guide does not use Unibeast or Multibeast.

I don't know what you mean by "issues this post mentioned"...

At that point, my only issues were no WiFi/Bluetooth, no sound, and poor graphics acceleration (my card shows up as
Intel HD Graphics 4400 8 MB).

All of the above you mention work if you follow this guide.

At this point, I'm thinking that wiping the box, re-installing via Unibeast/Multibeast, and then hacking in the WiFi/Bluetooth drivers is my best course of action.

Suggest you follow post #1 as written.

Does anyone have any experience with getting graphics acceleration working properly with the GB-BXi5H-4200?

It works if you follow the guide in post #1.

This guide does not use Unibeast or Multibeast.

I don't know what you mean by "issues this post mentioned"...

All of the above you mention work if you follow this guide.

Suggest you follow post #1 as written.

It works if you follow the guide in post #1.

I may end up following the guide, but it seems a bit roundabout considering that most of its steps are concerned with getting the installation to boot. Booting, along with Ethernet and power management, work out of the box when installed via my Unibeast USB key. Now there may be some magic in the steps in post 1 or in the Clover instructions that are making the graphics acceleration work, but it's not obvious. I'm not sure if all this is due to developments in Clover/Unibeast/Multibeast since 2015, but my thought here is that given an installation that's working with the exception of graphics acceleration, it's best to troubleshoot from there. I'll study my past post replies on the Intel 4400 on the Brix to see what I'm forgetting and maybe open a separate post from there, as I think I've gone off-topic here.

I may end up following the guide, but it seems a bit roundabout considering that most of its steps are concerned with getting the installation to boot. Booting, along with Ethernet and power management, work out of the box when installed via my Unibeast USB key. Now there may be some magic in the steps in post 1 or in the Clover instructions that are making the graphics acceleration work, but it's not obvious. I'm not sure if all this is due to developments in Clover/Unibeast/Multibeast since 2015, but my thought here is that given an installation that's working with the exception of graphics acceleration, it's best to troubleshoot from there. I'll study my past post replies on the Intel 4400 on the Brix to see what I'm forgetting and maybe open a separate post from there, as I think I've gone off-topic here.

The only thing you need for graphics acceleration is correct BIOS settings and correct injections on the IGPU (correct device-id, and correct AAPL,ig-platform-id). There are a variety of ways to do it, but his guide uses ACPI.

I think you are overestimating the difficulty of following post #1 as written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back