Contribute
Register

[Guide] Gigabyte BRIX using Clover UEFI (GB-BXi5H-4200/GB-BXi5-4570R/GB-BXi7-4770R)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go, sorry.

Comments:
- your config.plist is not up-to-date with respect to the current content in github
- EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/FakeSMC is not the FakeSMC linked by the guide
- the guide recommends OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
- keep in mind your gfx device 8086:0d26 was natively working with only ig-platform-id inject in 10.11 (eg. no FakeID/FakePCIID trickery). Maybe something changed in the native kexts and additional actions are required? Or a different ig-platform-id. You should experiment after fixing the other issues mentioned above.

Comments:
- your config.plist is not up-to-date with respect to the current content in github
- EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/FakeSMC is not the FakeSMC linked by the guide
- the guide recommends OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
- keep in mind your gfx device 8086:0d26 was natively working with only ig-platform-id inject in 10.11 (eg. no FakeID/FakePCIID trickery). Maybe something changed in the native kexts and additional actions are required? Or a different ig-platform-id. You should experiment after fixing the other issues mentioned above.

Ok so just to clarify my next steps.

Should I run a git pull?
Make and Make Install
Mount my EFI and copy the config.plist?
Run the clover installer, remove OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 and install OsxAptioFixDrv-64

Does that sound right?

Ok so just to clarify my next steps.

Should I run a git pull?
Make and Make Install
Mount my EFI and copy the config.plist?
Run the clover installer, remove OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 and install OsxAptioFixDrv-64

Does that sound right?

All the steps are covered in post #1.

Sorry, it was just a bit confusing to follow. I'm all set now, thanks for all your help.

I'm guessing your issue was caused by patches in the config.plist, intended only for 10.11, but not applicable to 10.12, still active. So, yeah... pretty important to update everything from the repo before attempting the update (as per guide).

Thanks again. Last question, do you know if hand-off works with Sierra? From what read in your guide it's supported out of the box with the Broadcom BCM94352HMB, which I've installed. My system reports that handoff and instant hotspot are working, but I don't see my iPhone show up as a hotspot, can't unlock with my apple watch, and continuity isn't working either.

Is there anything I need to do outside of your guide?

Attachments

• bluetooth.png
    bluetooth.png
    229.4 KB · Views: 191
  • bluetooth2.png
    bluetooth2.png
    120.9 KB · Views: 157
Thanks again. Last question, do you know if hand-off works with Sierra? From what read in your guide it's supported out of the box with the Broadcom BCM94352HMB, which I've installed. My system reports that handoff and instant hotspot are working, but I don't see my iPhone show up as a hotspot, can't unlock with my apple watch, and continuity isn't working either.

Is there anything I need to do outside of your guide?

Everything should be there (as evidenced by your System Info->Bluetooth shot).
I don't have the same bluetooth controller as you (actually, currently using a BCM94360HMB). Keep in mind the bluetooth controller included in BCM94352HMB varies, each with different compatibility properties.

Make sure you log out of iCloud on all your devices, then log back in.

Hello,

Very nice job. :thumbup:
But it just don't work for my Brix (i3 4010u).
I could not get Intel 4400 full acceleration, neither the ALC 269 audio and the HDMI audio.
Guess this DSDT-Hack.aml may work but only if it get edited for the i3 4010u model.
SSDT.aml goes fine, but I do not find it necessary for this build.

In my case:

I've read all Brixs goes out as Haswell mobile (laptop), but I actually got Intel 4400 full acceleration following this Desktop Guide:
Intel HD 4400 Desktop Graphics Fix - Full Support for Alternate ...

I've use Toleda CloverALC Patch to have the Integrated Audio working. (https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC)
Layout ID: 1

Enable the Ethernet Card installing Realtek8111.kext via Multibeast 8.2.3 (or you just can put the kext in EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.11/)

I'm still working on the USB 3.0 and the HDMI Audio.:beachball:
All USB 3.0 are now working but I guess the speed is not the proper one.

Many thanks! :clap:

Hello,
But it just don't work for my Brix (i3 4010u).
I could not get Intel 4400 full acceleration, neither the ALC 269 audio and the HDMI audio.

It means you made a mistake.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back