Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@zzmadd I'm very curious about why some people have H.265/HEVC available and some do not, so I started what I hope will be a productive survey here. Let's see if we can figure out the difference(s) resulting in available or unavailable.

Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@zzmadd I'm very curious about why some people have H.265/HEVC available and some do not, so I started what I hope will be a productive survey here. Let's see if we can figure out the difference(s) resulting in available or unavailable.
That's a cool idea!
Thanks for that @deeveedee
I'll put up mine soon.

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@zzmadd After upgrading to Big Sur 11.2, I posted my updated VideoProc.app hardware detection and IORegistryExplorer 2.1 dump here.

Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@zzmadd After upgrading to Big Sur 11.2, I posted my updated VideoProc.app hardware detection and IORegistryExplorer 2.1 dump here.
Thanks a lot!!
I got the file.
I've also added my IOReg 2.1 and VideoProc screenshot on your build thread.
See you there!

Motherboard
Z390
CPU
I9 - 9900k
Graphics
UHD 630 & GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello @Digital_Singer,

We should not quote huge sections of these guides. You said that your "motherboard is there". Are you asking a question?
Yes sorry, was trying to remove it but posted it by mistake.

I have the Asus Z390-a and UHD 630 graphics of the 9900k working on DP, I can't even remember exactly what worked but was able to get it patched even with my limited knowledge and it worked, Now trying to get Dual Monitor has I use this Hackintosh for music recording which is always best with two monitors. I already suppressed GTX 1070 with boot arguments. I was wondering to translate your device properties to xcode or propertree data entries. So I could enter it. Thanks in advance

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes sorry, was trying to remove it but posted it by mistake.

I have the Asus Z390-a and UHD 630 graphics of the 9900k working on DP, I can't even remember exactly what worked but was able to get it patched even with my limited knowledge and it worked, Now trying to get Dual Monitor has I use this Hackintosh for music recording which is always best with two monitors. I already suppressed GTX 1070 with boot arguments. I was wondering to translate your device properties to xcode or propertree data entries. So I could enter it. Thanks in advance
The HDMI and DP ports are activated by the patch. Some questions:
  • Are you saying that DP port is working, but HDMI is not?
  • Are you using Clover or OpenCore?
  • Do you need help adding this patch to your config.plist?
  • Are you running Mojave or Catalina?
  • Which version of WhateverGreen are you using?

Motherboard
Z390
CPU
I9 - 9900k
Graphics
UHD 630 & GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The HDMI and DP ports are activated by the patch. Some questions:
  • Are you saying that DP port is working, but HDMI is not?
  • Are you using Clover or OpenCore?
  • Do you need help adding this patch to your config.plist?
  • Are you running Mojave or Catalina?
  • Which version of WhateverGreen are you using?
First Yes DP working and HDMI not, I only have the two on Asus Prime Z390-A board

OpenCore

if possible help patching would be appreciated, but I could do it myself if the data could be translated for OpenCore config.plist which I open in xcode or propertree.

Has an example "<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key> <data> / BwCbPg==" the data is not something that I could enter in config.plist in xcode. how can I translate this or if you don't mind entering the patch or checking the config.plist which I have included below.

I'm running catalina and using the second last WEG released, just installing the new one tonight.

Attachments

• config.plist
    26.1 KB · Views: 35

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First Yes DP working and HDMI not, I only have the two on Asus Prime Z390-A board

OpenCore

if possible help patching would be appreciated, but I could do it myself if the data could be translated for OpenCore config.plist which I open in xcode or propertree.

Has an example "<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key> <data> / BwCbPg==" the data is not something that I could enter in config.plist in xcode. how can I translate this or if you don't mind entering the patch or checking the config.plist which I have included below.

I'm running catalina and using the second last WEG released, just installing the new one tonight.
Will follow-up in the morning when I power up the Hackintosh again. Will simply update this post so “refreshing” the webpage might be necessary.

Meanwhile, that strange looking text in <data> is Base64. Hackintool’s ’calculator’ page can be used to convert to and from Base64.

Motherboard
Z390
CPU
I9 - 9900k
Graphics
UHD 630 & GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Will follow-up in the morning when I power up the Hackintosh again. Will simply update this post so “refreshing” the webpage might be necessary.

Meanwhile, that strange looking text in <data> is Base64. Hackintool’s ’calculator’ page can be used to convert to and from Base64.
Thanks Casey will check back tomorrow