Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean ML/Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean Lion Install

Also is there a suggested process for installing Windows 7, when OS X lion is already installed.

I will be installing Windows 7 on a separate SSD, so I wasn't sure if I should still follow the tonymac instructions

Gordo74 said:
psionicsin said:
@Gordo74

Ok I got the Lion install to transfer successfully to the USB drive, HOWEVER, rBoot is NOT recognizing the USB drive. iBoot sees it just fine, but rBoot shows only my Hackintosh HD drive, and the current CD (rBoot) that's inserted in the CD drive.

I've, so far, done everything correct...so how do I get this to show up so I can continue?

The USB drive must be formatted using the GUID partition table as well. If it is MBR it will not work.

I ended up having to turn my computer off for an hour or two while I was watching TV, and then when I returned it magically was able to read it.

Everything is working great so far. Just had to use my configured DSDT and Networking kext, but all is good now.

So my computer was working for a week or two and I even updated to 10.7.1, I noticed that there was an update for 10.7.2 and now I do not have sound. I have tried using multibeast to reinstall the sound kext but it does not seem to work.

After the 10.7.2 update I had no sound either, and after running Multibeast a couple of times, I got sound but my icon in the top bar was grayed out. I checked my sound settings in system preferences and I now have "Aggregate audio device". I only get sound when that is selected but I cannot adjust my volume at all. If I select the "Line Output" from the sound settings, I can adjust the volume slider but I get no sound.......? Any ideas?

Polynomial said:
After the 10.7.2 update I had no sound either, and after running Multibeast a couple of times, I got sound but my icon in the top bar was grayed out. I checked my sound settings in system preferences and I now have "Aggregate audio device". I only get sound when that is selected but I cannot adjust my volume at all. If I select the "Line Output" from the sound settings, I can adjust the volume slider but I get no sound.......? Any ideas?

It sounds like you accidentally installed VoodooHDA. You need to uninstall that.

To people having sound problems after the update, select System Utilities and the sound options I have selected under "Audio" in my original screenshot.

If it doesnt work the first time, run it again. It took me a couple times as well.

I also had to check "rebuild cashes" and "repair permissions" for sound to start working again

Cheers,

Simdim

Hey,

I followed the instructions successfully install lion off my flash drive. However, after installation, when I boot into robot again and then boot OSX Lion of the HD, it goes through the loading process with a large pixelated apple logo with the spinning progress bar, then the resolution changes to crisp and clean and apple logo, I have a mouse, but nothing else ever appears.

Any ideas?

One strange thing with sound after upgrade to 10.7.2 - I get a click prior to any system sound and after a couple of seconds another click. Almost like sound driver wakes up and goes to sleep ... had anyone seen that?

Cheers,

Simdim

Alright, so I've followed your guide, and Lion 10.7.1 is FINALLY installed, just having an issue. I can't boot into it without rBoot. It's like the bootloader isn't functioning properly. Any suggestions on how I can get the bootloader working properly? I think right now it's on Chimera.

DavGerm4,
Make sure disk that has Lion installed on is the first one in "disk boot priorities" in BIOS, if you have more then one HD.
Also you may try to to manually download and install Chimera (from download section)

Cheers,

Simdim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back