Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean ML/Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean Lion Install

Brummen,

Yes, USB 3.0 shows in my system report and devices work at USB 3.0 speeds. I have a bios f 9.
Are they enabled in the bios?

how bout multi beast ? Did you select the USB 3.0 option?

Ed

I have this same mobo but a MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 card.

I can't get sound to work. I don't see any output or input devices.

I don't know if this will help but I have the HD Audio plug from my front panel installed on the F Audio slot. Should I remove that and install the other AC' 97 plug? In addition, I don't hear upon boot up the mobo making any sounds either. Trying to get this up and running, installation went smooth but having hardware identification problems. :crazy:

I followed your MultiBeast settings but I don't have even Ethernet output either.

Working on this since 3 AM yesterday. :?

Attachments

• IMG_0108.JPG
    IMG_0108.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0109.JPG
    IMG_0109.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0118.JPG
    IMG_0118.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 223

Ok, so far most of my Hardware work good. Cinebench gave me 37FPS and a CPU Rating of 4.5

So i thought i were ready to install Xcode ;(

When i try to log in the Appstore, it says something like "...cannot verfify your System"

So i tried every guide to install the Ethernet-Adapter right. But no one worked for me.

Anyone else got this problem, or had it maybe allready solved?

sorry for my broken english :)

Can't get past Step 8.

When I select the USB drive and hit enter, I get a gray screen w/ an apple logo for a fraction of a second, then the machine reboots itself.

Note, it boots/works fine as long as I have no graphics card installed and use onboard video.

Is there some setting in the Bios to get it to use a graphics card?

System Info:
Motherboards: Z68MA-D2H-B3 & Z68X-UD3H-B3
Video Cards: GV-R687OC-1GD & a 2600XT Mac edition & a HD 5770
CPU: i7-2600k
RAM: 16 GB

:banghead: I think I must be missing a basic step relating to PCIe video cards since I have tried 2 motherboards and 3 video cards and they all have the identical problem.

Thanks for any help!

Just a quick question, if I use HD3000 in te install and buy a GPU later, what do I have to change to get it working on Lion, gpu i want is ATI one working OOB.

LordShigi said:
Just a quick question, if I use HD3000 in te install and buy a GPU later, what do I have to change to get it working on Lion, gpu i want is ATI one working OOB.

I had my system working with the HD3000 then purchased this card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-text-_-

Plugged it in - switched the HMDI cable to the new card and it worked just fine.

Just make sure your BIOS is set up to use the PCI graphics card if present.

Can anyone help with this KP issue. Installation goes smooth using iBoot + MultiBeast but after I restart I get a KP right after the apple screen is loading upon reboot.

Usually it panics right after installation of Lnx Network driver but just now it completed without any hiccups.

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 F9 Rev. 1.0 - Clean SL Install

Images Below

Attachments

• IMG_0121.JPG
    IMG_0121.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 180

How is the USB drive supposed to be formatted?

I've tried both Extended Journaled+ and FAT32 and when I select the USB drive, the xMove installer takes me back to the part to select either the Mac Store download, or the USB installer stick. I select the Mac Store download AGAIN...and it crashes.

What's going on? How should the USB drive be formatted?

Edbetz, thank you - my MultiBeast did not have USB 3 as an option so I get the latest one

And possibly upgrade to f 9

Jester696 I had this problem - for me it got resolved by running MultiBeast just after installing SL and before restating (missed in tonymac's manual) then do the SL update and re-run multibeat

Hope that works for you too

@Gordo74

Ok I got the Lion install to transfer successfully to the USB drive, HOWEVER, rBoot is NOT recognizing the USB drive. iBoot sees it just fine, but rBoot shows only my Hackintosh HD drive, and the current CD (rBoot) that's inserted in the CD drive.

I've, so far, done everything correct...so how do I get this to show up so I can continue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back