Contribute
Register

(Guide) GA-X58A-UD3R v2 -> 10.13.3 High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you help me, please?
  1. I have a GA-X58A-UD3R v2 with Bios Version FF
    I downloaded from gigabyte server the latest firmware.
    I tried to update firmware to latest (FH) But QuickFlash tell me "wrong size error"
    Can someone post FH version of firmware?
  2. I tried to install High Sierra using Unibeast with Clover from USB, but I can't see the install screen
    it show me text: b1f: init5 and then a black screen with underscore
    I have set SATA channel 0 to AHCI
    Can someone post his bios settings please?
Thank you to everyone!
Antonio

Hi. I have installed High Sierra 10.13.5 and everything seems to work well except USB 3, solved with a PCIex card.
I have a minor problem but very annoying, the system restarts when I turn it off, then I have to turn it off with the physical button.
Has anyone had the same problem? Could you please tell me how it is solved.
I have the DSDT and SSDT files, extracted with Windows 10 and placed in EFI / C / A / P

OK!
I can start my USB installation, but when I go to Install Mac OS I can't show my ssd!!
Hitting F12 an start to choose to start by USB show me the SSD, and also clover boot shows me the SSD...
but I ca't see it on Mac OS Installation...
Can someone help me, please?
Thank you!
Antonio

OK, I get a little lost here. I've got the same board (are you rev2?) and I don't understand why you use unibeast on both the install drive, and a USB key (step 4). Your link tells me I don't have permission, so I can't get the context.

If you use unibeast for both the install and the usb drive, why would you need to copy their respective EFI partitions? Wouldn't they be identical?

I'm trying for legacy boot--->HFS+, but after the first reboot my install drive is never visible.

Can you clarify for me? Thanks!

Hi shdwkeeper

thanks for putting up this guide - I'm trying to have a look at cSoul's guide to making the 2 USB Boot Drivess but I keep getting an error when I click the link below - any chance you could run through this please?
thanks

4. Create 2 USB Boot drives

As explained by cSoul in this post (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-10-7-5-lion-10-13-2-high-sierra.240960/)
  • Create bootable Unibeast Install Drive (Legacy) following this guide: Click Here
  • Create bootable USB from Step 2 above, it shows you how in Step 3 on the website.
Once you have both drives created, copy the EFI created partition from the Unibeast install drive to the EFI partition on the drive created above. So, you only have to use 1 USB drive to boot. *This is what I did, and it worked* Since I'm staying with HFS hard drives this worked for me. I didn't want to upgrade my drive to the new APFS protocol since this system is an older system. The Unibeast USB installer didn't recognize the HFS drives properly.

Me too, link is not working

Hi shdwkeeper

thanks for putting up this guide - I'm trying to have a look at cSoul's guide to making the 2 USB Boot Drivess but I keep getting an error when I click the link below - any chance you could run through this please?
thanks

I finally upgraded from El Capitan to High Sierra 10.13.3 successfully on this GA-X58A motherboard. After a few roadblocks, that I overcame, everything seems to be working including (sleep, shutdown, audio, network, etc..) USB 3.0 doesn't seem to work, as I haven't tried to fix it with the controller being disabled in bios. I'm ok with that.

I will be linking and combining a few guides so its all in one place.

Here are the steps I took:

1. Backup your current working machine

Use Carbon Copy or Superduper, I backed up and made sure it was a startup disk so I can migrate all my data later, instead of reinstalling all apps from scratch.

2. Download High Sierra Installer

Google: High Sierra Patcher Tool for High Sierra or Mojave Patcher Tool for Mojave (dosdude1)

3. Make sure bios is updated on Motherboard, for v2 its FH version.

Check website for latest bios: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-X58A-UD3R-rev-20#support-dl

4. Create 2 USB Boot drives

As explained by cSoul in this post (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-10-7-5-lion-10-13-2-high-sierra.240960/)
  • Create bootable Unibeast Install Drive (Legacy) following this guide: Click Here
  • Create bootable USB from Step 2 above, it shows you how in Step 3 on the website.
Once you have both drives created, copy the EFI created partition from the Unibeast install drive to the EFI partition on the drive created above. So, you only have to use 1 USB drive to boot. *This is what I did, and it worked* Since I'm staying with HFS hard drives this worked for me. I didn't want to upgrade my drive to the new APFS protocol since this system is an older system. The Unibeast USB installer didn't recognize the HFS drives properly.

5. Format SSD & Install High Sierra

Once booted, format your SSD, follow these steps in Step 4: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/#install

If you want to keep your drives in HFS, you must also do step #9, which requires using Terminal and typing (/Volumes/Image\ Volume/No-Convert)

Complete the MacOs Installation in Step 4 and Post Installation using MultiBeast in Step 5: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...supported-intel-based-pc.235474/#post_install

*Note: Its going to ask you to create a new Admin UserId when setting up High Sierra for the first time, I created something different than my backed up userID, because after I restore everything using Migration Assistant, I will be deleting this Admin User.

6. MultiBeast Options

Choose Legacy Boot Mode
Under Drivers
  • Audio - ALC889
  • Disk - default
  • Misc - default[/SIZE]
  • Network - RealtexRTL8111 v2.21
  • USB - default[/SIZE]
  • Bootloaders - Clover Legacy
  • System Definitions: iMac 14,2
Click Build - Install to SSD

I used the default DSDT and DID NOT replace it, I tried to replace it with one downloaded from database and lost audio.

If you have an NVIDIA card - download the Alternate Graphic Drivers for it

eSATA Drive? - follow this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...seen-after-10-13-upgrade.233209/#post-1594667

7. Migration Assistant

If you backed up your system, (I hope you did or get ready to spend hours re-installing) now you can use Migration Assistant to restore all your apps and data. Plug in your backed up startup disk and launch Migration Assistant. When checking the boxes on what to restore, UNCHECK "Other files and folders", or your system won't boot.

Once done, enjoy your new High Sierra system with all your data.

Hope this helps someone out. As mine is running good so far on this old rig.

very grateful for your guide, but i have not had the same luck.

i have a ga-x58a-ud3r rev 2, FH BIOS, i7-970 gulftown 3.2mhz processor, nvidia quadro k5000, 24gb ddr3 ram

I am trying to install mojave.

had an issue where mojave couldn’t see my target ssd hd, but i fixed that with the ich10 i/o fix in the kernel patch section of clover configurator.

now when i try to install mojave, the install just resets the whole computer with 3 min remaining. I thought it might be a sleep issue, but on my last attempt I kept moving the mouse and it still did it.

this happened with unibeast usb (clover 4029)
Also with clover 5099 and vanilla mojave (put on usb using dosdudes mojave patcher utility)

I just wish I knew how the heck to configure clover for this mobo. It’s driving me crazy and I need help guys. Please

i don’t even know where to find or read an error log. It’s so goddamn frustrating.

edit: doing a clean install, i would format the internal ssd drive as apfs and then begin installation with that as the target drive.

Hi there, I have High Sierra on a USB with UniBeast 8.3.2!
The istallation starts, but I get stuck after a few minutes
with the forbidden sign. :(
What can I do to install HS on my X58A-UD3R?
Attached you'll find my config.plist file.
Thanks a lot

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 100
Thanks for this guide, it's very easy to install and boot up system. However, I could not solve the shutdown/reboot issue, both function was failed. Did any one know what's the problem and solution? I notice that the HDD LED continuously blinking after screen went black.

Thanks for this guide, it's very easy to install and boot up system. However, I could not solve the shutdown/reboot issue, both function was failed. Did any one know what's the problem and solution? I notice that the HDD LED continuously blinking after screen went black.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back