Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everybody..

Got my machine pretty much 100% good to go.

It was easy as all hell. I did a couple reinstalls monkeying around with the graphics card but everything pretty much worked OOB.

Heres a quick install guide even though u probably won't need one besides a basic rundown on the correct steps.

what u need is: iboot/multibeast, EFI studio, and osx updater.

I did my install with 6gb of ram in the white slots and everything worked fine.

turn your bios to ahci

pop in your iboot cd and hit f12

boot from cdrom

at the tony mac screen eject your iboot and put in Snow Leopard cd

hit f5 and proceed to disk utility

Wipe ur drive and format it for osx journaled

install SL

reboot with iboot again (hit f12 again boot from cd)

choose your new volume you just installed to

install OSX updater DONT REBOOT

Run multibeast, it will probably crash before you can do much (this is normal)

reopen multibeast, select (easy beast, system ulilities)

restart (u should now be able to boot from HD)

run multibeast again, (select system ulilities, realtek (network), NVenabler, AudioHDA, AudioRollback, and 889.)

add EFI string available from efi studio (or just run a search about the asus en8400gs card EFI string) to extra/apple.boot.com.plist

edit 50hal.kext info.plist and add device id 0x10c310de to the group of strings that end in &amp,fff0ffff or something like that (make sure you grant yourself user rights to the content folder and info.plist or else you won't be able to save)

run system ulitilies in multibeast to rebuild kexts and permissions.

reboot with -f at the tony mac screen (should have full resolution now)

reboot again normal

voila for the most part ur machine should be good to go. I noticed my machine was having trouble waking up from sleep. Keyboard and mouse didn't do anything.. I added sleepenable.kext to extra.plist.. I think that might help but who knows I haven't really tested it yet.

Enjoy guys. This build is easy as pie.

installed ProTools LE 7.4, Maschine, Waves complete bundle, Reason 4.0, and a couple others. Everything runs buttery.

Send me a PM if u can't figure something out

Peace,
Ty

sup man.. help if you can please..Noob me..

So i'm up to installing 10.6.7 i ran the multibeast DSDT option and install all the drivers. But i dont think i'm using the DSDT file correctly because after rebooting its not loading OS correctly it just goes into a black screen afterwards. I suspect i'm not installing DSDT correctly because the system still reads 4 gigs of ram when i have 6 installed.

Please help.. i've reinstall 3 times i dont mind doing it again as long as i can get it to boot on its on. thanks ahead of time

chef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back