Contribute
Register

[Guide] GA-H67A-UD3H(-B3), i5-2500k, GT240 - 10.6.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
BerndVP said:
Beside this, I read that the H67/P67 using an PCIe-to-PCI-Bridge and this could give latency problems. This means they are not NATIVE PCI ....
The only motherboard with NATIVE PCI is the: GA-PA65-UD3-B3, but untill I haven't got my B3-revision I can't test it ...

that's very interesting. do you think the PA65 would work as good as the H67?

could the H55 be another choice?

Gordo74 said:
BerndVP said:
When I did the comboupdate 10.6.7 and then BridgeHelper 2.1,
I got a boot reloop every time...
Even with thw iBoot v3 CD I couldn't get into OSx, same with -v ...

Did you lower the multiplier?

Multiplier didn't changed ... still stands on 32x very strange ...

beatnik said:
BerndVP said:
Beside this, I read that the H67/P67 using an PCIe-to-PCI-Bridge and this could give latency problems. This means they are not NATIVE PCI ....
The only motherboard with NATIVE PCI is the: GA-PA65-UD3-B3, but untill I haven't got my B3-revision I can't test it ...

the H55 is an older chipset with an older i5/i7 processor (1ste generation), you will pay the same for an older chipset / cpu system then for the new sandy bridge system.

Untill I couldn't test it I couldn't advise Sandy Bridge at the moment.

beatnik said:
BerndVP said:

Even though I knew this going in, I still decided to try this build. I will be getting the W7 side of things running smooth first then start on the SL build. So I will have word for you by the 12th or 13th hopefully. I cannot pull the cards out of my current system until then.

I am using a Nvidia 9500GT and iBoot 3 did not work. I loaded up the lagacy iBoot and all installed well.

I can boot into osx with legacy iBoot but I can not boot without it. It just reboots when I select Snow Leopard. I am sure it has something to do with the GPU but I am new to this I don't know how to troubleshoot the problem.

When I boot with -v the screen goes off to fast for me to capture what it halting the boot. I follwed your guide to the letter. Only thing I did extra was tried a couple of boot loaders and the Nvidia graphics driver in the download section.

?

This guide should be updated to follow the steps in this guide outside of the DSDT.

I had troubles with this guide with low geekbench scores and not booting and also the 32x mulitplier thingy in the bios.
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=16323

Hi,
I had build an hackintosh to use with PT and HD3, with this configuration

GA-H67A-UD3H-B3 bios F4
i7 2600
16 GB ram 1333
ati 5870 1GB

I had used the DSDT found in the DSDT database.
The system is good, only the USB3 doesn't go.
But, when I put the HD3 cards, the system doesn't recognize them.
I think that it doesn't work because the three PCI are not native. I try also to use the cards in windows environment, but doesn't go.
Has anyone tried the board P65A-UD3-B3???http://it.gigabyte.com/products/page/mb/ga-p67a-ud3-b3rev_11/

prodigi said:
Hi,
I had build an hackintosh to use with PT and HD3, with this configuration

GA-H67A-UD3H-B3 bios F4
i7 2600
16 GB ram 1333
ati 5870 1GB

I had used the DSDT found in the DSDT database.
The system is good, only the USB3 doesn't go.
But, when I put the HD3 cards, the system doesn't recognize them.
I think that it doesn't work because the three PCI are not native. I try also to use the cards in windows environment, but doesn't go.
Has anyone tried the board P65A-UD3-B3???http://it.gigabyte.com/products/page/mb/ga-p67a-ud3-b3rev_11/

Did you get 10.6.7 working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back