HD4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I just want to write down a quick guide that I got 10.11.3 running on my setup.

1. Create USB with Unibeast, when it is done then go to EFI-kext folder and delete all beside 10.11 and OTHER folders. Keep network, fakemsc kext and USBejectall kext in 10.11 folder. Open config and add APIC fix(http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/176407-testing-thread-skylake-platform-os-x.html), update 3 to config file and save it. Use clover configurator open config file again and add nv_disable=1 so you can use gtx970 to boot. Now, you will be able to use usb to install El Captain :).

2. After install on your hard drive, use multibeast to install whatever you need then install gtx970 web driver as well BUT dont reboot yet. Next is to copy EFI folder from usb stick to it then remove usb stick so it is not confused :) . Now, use clover configurator and open config file from yr hard drive EFI and un-check nv_disable=1 AND check the nvda_drv=1 so it can boot with gtx970 driver.

3. Now you should be able to boot yr system but no audio yet. Since you use multibeast to check alc1150, you need the fix in here (http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/176407-testing-thread-skylake-platform-os-x.html), update 2. Add to yr config file and run toleda script for alc1150. Now, you should have audio.

4. The last thing for me was: when i shutdown machine, its off BUT when i move mouse or touch a key, machine is on by itself. I fixed this by open my config file with clover configurator and CHECK the fixshutdown....woalaaa I got it fixed.

5. I use Macpro3.1, just for the infor :).

Hope it will help someone here...:):)
Thanks tony and toleda for all your hardworks.

Last thing, i dont know if i do stuffs that not supose to...please let me know. Good learning exp though :)

Hi, thanks so much for this brief guide.

I've almost same config (gtx 960) and tried to follow your manual, however my system reboots once I'm trying to install OS X El Capitan from USB (just after very first apple logo appears). I believe it is smth with my BIOS settings or wrong clover config.

Could you please describe your guide in more details? This is my very first hackintosh experience and it's easy to miss obvious for others things.

Hi, thanks so much for this brief guide.

I've almost same config (gtx 960) and tried to follow your manual, however my system reboots once I'm trying to install OS X El Capitan from USB (just after very first apple logo appears). I believe it is smth with my BIOS settings or wrong clover config.

Could you please describe your guide in more details? This is my very first hackintosh experience and it's easy to miss obvious for others things.

Check your HDMi cable, are you sure it connected to Onboard Gate ?

Which ethernet kext should you use?

Hi all,

1. Create USB with Unibeast, when it is done then go to EFI-kext folder and delete all beside 10.11 and OTHER folders. Keep network, fakemsc kext and USBejectall kext in 10.11 folder. Open config and add APIC fix(http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/176407-testing-thread-skylake-platform-os-x.html), update 3 to config file and save it. Use clover configurator open config file again and add nv_disable=1 so you can use gtx970 to boot. Now, you will be able to use usb to install El Captain :).

2. After install on your hard drive, use multibeast to install whatever you need then install gtx970 web driver as well BUT dont reboot yet. Next is to copy EFI folder from usb stick to it then remove usb stick so it is not confused :) . Now, use clover configurator and open config file from yr hard drive EFI and un-check nv_disable=1 AND check the nvda_drv=1 so it can boot with gtx970 driver.

3. Now you should be able to boot yr system but no audio yet. Since you use multibeast to check alc1150, you need the fix in here (http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/176407-testing-thread-skylake-platform-os-x.html), update 2. Add to yr config file and run toleda script for alc1150. Now, you should have audio.

4. The last thing for me was: when i shutdown machine, its off BUT when i move mouse or touch a key, machine is on by itself. I fixed this by open my config file with clover configurator and CHECK the fixshutdown....woalaaa I got it fixed.

Last thing, i dont know if i do stuffs that not supose to...please let me know. Good learning exp though :)

I have the same mobo. Can you provide the kexts used?
I can't start the installer, stocked at apple logo.
In using de iMac17,1 to not need APIC fix.

Hi all,

I have basically the same build that you have (z170x-gaming3, GTX970, 6700K and 32 GB of RAM) :D
Thanks so much, this helped me a lot

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back