Contribute
Register

Guide for Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI Using HD4600 or GTX 750 Ti Using Clover (El Capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
4. Messages was not working, I tried the fix on this forum but had no luck, did more searching and found another way to do it on ****** . Messages now works perfectly!
Could you link the ****** post please?

Also, has anyone updated to 10.11.4?

Could you link the ****** post please?

Also, has anyone updated to 10.11.4?

Ludalex, please update in your signature the components you are using for your rig...only way
anyone can help you.

I ended up using this web page http://www.fitzweekly.com/2016/02/hackintosh-imessage-tutorial.html
I followed it to a "T".
The guide here on Tonymacx86 has it also, try that if you don't have any luck. http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

One thing though that made it work for me is the following:

In Clover Configurator, load your plist and go to RT Variables, under MLB, put your board serial number that you generated in the SMBIOS section. For BooterConfig I have 0x28, for CsrActiveConfig I have 0x3. Leave the ROM space empty. Save your plist.
And yes, I'm running 10.11.4. I had zero issues.

Hi Brachiator.

If it's not to much to ask can you tell me how you put your audio to work? I'm getting desperate.

I have the same motherboard and cpu:

Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI
Intel i7 4790k

followed Stork's tutorial and no luck with the audio

Hello DravenPN,
I simply followed Storks guide and installed Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC892 in Multibeast.
Make sure you
select the correct audio in System Preferences/Sound/Output/Line Out.
I'm using the black audio output hole in the back section of the MOBO.

Thanks Brachiator.

Well i have it all working now.

Started a fresh installation and followed Stork's guide with some minor changes.

My setup:

-Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI
-Intel i7 4790K
-G.Skill Trident X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Cas7
-EVGA GeForce GTX470 1280MB
-Kingston SSD HyperX 3K 120GB Sata III
-Corsair VS-650W

1- Bios Setup parameters just like in this Guide
2- Installation of El Capitan also with no problems or changes
3- After El Capitan was installed i had to update do 10.11.4 and since i was updating OS X i also updated iTunes and some other software apps
4- After the all the updates i've runned Multibeast and also followed the guide on what to install (see stork's guide) but did not reboot at this time.
5- Modified the /EFI/Clover/config.plist for fixing the USB Ports configuration (again followed the guide) and saved it
6- Reebot time and changed the Boot Options Priorities to UEFI Drive were El Capitan was installed
7- El Capitan booted with no problems and all is working (Audio had to choose Internal Speakers)

Now there's two things i have doubts on how to fix:

1. My memory shows as 1333mhz, i changed this to 1600 manually in bios but still shows as 1333mhz in "About this Mac"
2. Should i enable Trim on my SSD and how (do i benefit from this?)

Anyone can help me on this two questions?

i need make unibeast el capitan but i dont know i must use uefi or lagacy boot mode
can you help me please
my com spac
I7 4790
H97M D3H
Gtx 970
G.skill 16G
Samsung 850Pro 256g

Thank a lot

thank alot but i try boot from usb el capital it cannot boot it show can't find mach_kernel you know way to fix ?

thank alot but i try boot from usb el capital it cannot boot it show can't find mach_kernel you know way to fix ?
Did you use my instructions in Post #1? From where did you download El Capitan?

Hi Stork, great guide and thank you for your hard work. I'm a super newbie when it comes to Hackintosh's and looking to build my first one next week using your exact same hardware except for these minor changes:

Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866

EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Superclocked Video Card

few questions before I get started:

1. Would it be easier to install OSX El Capitan without the Nvidia video card first and then install web drivers and card once El Capitan is up and running? If so, do I need to "Inject" anything for graphics during setup?

2. I don't care too much about bluetooth and hand-off, looking for something plug-play to get wireless working. Do the wireless USB dongles work OOB?

3. Just in case my install goes to crap how would i go about formatting the hard drive so I can put windows on it after the failed OSX install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back