Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i9 9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
First Try, First Go for myself...want to share my way for others that are struggling installing fresh ML 10.8.2 on a Sabertooth x58 BIOS 1304 with an ATI 6850, i7 and SSD SATA 3

Download DSDT from here ----> http://www.tonymacx86.com/11-dsdt-database.html
Download MultiBeast here -----> http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=148
Download Kext Wizard
If you have an external or internal WIFI dongle or card...please download from the manufacture the installer for Mac...Lion 10.7 worked for mine
Put all files in a pen drive.....

Follow the instruction with UniBeast ---> http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
Once you finish with STEP 2 ----> DONT reboot and instal ML yet... go to the system/library/extension on your bootable USB and make a backup copy of ATI6000controller.kext and save it in the same pen drive that you saved the DSDT and MultiBeast etc because you will need it once you install ML. Once you make the backup copy...delete the one in the system/library/extension of the bootable USB.

Disconnect everything except you mouse and keyboard on your PC...must be at AHCI in BIOS and keep only 1 memory ram before you start installing ML

Now go ahead with STEP 3 of the UniBeast (Installing ML) make sure you use -v (verbose) so you can see what is happening...in 1 point it might look like it froze but you have to be patience...its not frozen.

Now go ahead with STEP 4 of the UniBeast... you might have to use GraphicsEnabler=No in order to boot again

You should start setting your ML for the first time... once you finish you probably dont have WIFI but you should have that magic pen drive with MultiBeast, DSDT and maybe WIFI installer. Take out the DSDT file and put it on your desktop then Open MultiBeast and choose the ones in my picture attachment and install, then open kext wizard and install back ATI6000controller.kext into system/library/extension on your ML drive and Reboot... Done !!!

Attachments

• MB.png
    MB.png
    180.2 KB · Views: 1,148
Thanks for the guide as it's been very helpful in getting 10.8.2 installed on a new drive. After many times trying to get the sound and network working I was finally able to get sound working however I have yet to get the NIC working. Once ML boots to go through the setup wizard, networking is working but after applying MB with no drivers for network, per your screen shot or with Lnx2Mac's RealTek driver and/or the RealTek Gigabit Ethernet driver in MB, I have not successfully gotten it to work. Currently in the network configuration the eth0 is showing with DHCP configuration, but it says that the network cable is unplugged.

Thanks for the help and insight.

Sabertooth x58 mobo w/ DSDT 1304
Geforce GT 640
24gb DDR3 Memory

I have same board and used to have hack on SL, L and ML.
However. I have a problem with the SATA 6GB/s ports, I couldn't boot if my HDD plugged into it or recognised by OSX.

Any suggestions please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back