Contribute
Register

[Guide] Enabling ATI Radeon HD 5450

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have told first that there are issue with this graphics card 5450 and ios Sierra: black screen and 3d accelerator but where and when there are these issue? I not note problems with my card, only black screen without cache kexts

There are issues with ATI 5450 when using Sierra. One the reasons why i went back to 10.11.

Black screen issue after boot and no Graphics Acceleration.

have you tried to put in bios in graphics setting PEG in priority? or to put in clover options PCIRoot=0 (I don't know if this option there is yet)

have you tried to put in bios in graphics setting PEG in priority? or to put in clover options PCIRoot=0 (I don't know if this option there is yet)

I don't use Clover Fake ID. The machine i have my 5450 in is using a fully patched DSDT with ATY edits under PEG0. PCIRootUID=1 isn't preset in Clover.

I am now a bit 'confused :confused:: In Mac OS Sierra HD 5450 works (including graphics acceleration) with the "Clover Fake ID" method and does not work with the "DSDT Patch" method?
Thanks in advance

I am now a bit 'confused :confused:: In Mac OS Sierra HD 5450 works (including graphics acceleration) with the "Clover Fake ID" method and does not work with the "DSDT Patch" method?
Thanks in advance

Then you are lucky.

Thanks in advance

I think that depend of product of graphic card or model if it is normal, pro or xfx

@freestart72
But is the HD 5450 for you working (including graphics acceleration)?
p.s. i have an ASUS version of ATI Radeon HD 5450 2G but I was not aware of different normal and pro versions

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back