Contribute
Register

[Guide] Enabling ATI Radeon HD 5450

Status
Not open for further replies.
VGA on these cards will work fine too. Mine has worked in every OSX Hackintosh I've built in the last 5 years with a variety of graphics cards. Besides, many of the much older generation Macs came with VGA ports or VGA support and Apple have yet to cut VGA support completely from their drivers, mostly because it's just too much effort and also still VGA is part of the VESA standard that is embedded in most graphics hardware. If the VGA port on your 5450 card doesn't work, which is highly unlikely, a cheap DVI to VGA or HDMI TO VGA adapter will do the trick with a VGA only display.

I don't have VGA on my monitors and even if i did i still wouldn't use it. Better using DVI or HDMI.

I don't have VGA on my monitors and even if i did i still wouldn't use it. Better using DVI or HDMI.

Very true! I usually stick with HDMI, DP or DVI where possible too! VGA works fine when you have no other options, but it's faaaar from perfect. I have notice that I'm more likely to get interference with VGA signal than other option. Also more likely to run into occasional glitches with it in dual display situations. Hot plug support is also very hit and miss (mostly miss) in multiple display environments when using VGA. But like I said, when you have no other options available, it'll get the job done...

Hello JB and thanks for all the years of help:thumbup:

Got a old machine that works top notch.
But now my hd7870 is no longer alive:thumbdown:

I now have a spare card (sapphire hd5450) same as you
When i do all the thinks you typed i still got screen flickering and the card is listed as 6500/6300 etc
I use clover configurator and did all :banghead::banghead:

How are you injecting for the ATI Radeon 5450? Fake ID Via Clover or injecting via a DSDT? Post a screen shot from DCPI Manager which shows PCI List.

Fake ID Via Clover.

Thanks for the rep
:thumbup:
It is work time for me here in holland:-X
But i will read your help when i am home.
Thanks a million.

Haha dit not go to work on this mhackintosh monday:headbang:

I dit a clean install and in cloverconfig :by the Acpi i put fix display
by the face id 0x68E01002
dit not put inject ati on
i got good screen now:thumbup: but look like this:
ATI Radeon HD 5000:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5000
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: PCI Slot 0
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x68e0
Revision ID: 0x0000
Displays:
SMS22A350H:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz (1080p)
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Television: Yes

Attach Config.plist.

Please do not use other uploading sites. Only use attachments on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back