Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Edimax ac600 (small) or ac1200 (big) both work with the unofficial Realtek USB drivers for El Capitan (but not out of the box). You'd have to download on a different machine and transfer with a USB stick or whatever.

And I expect any Apple ID will work.

The Edimax ac600 (small) or ac1200 (big) both work with the unofficial Realtek USB drivers for El Capitan (but not out of the box). You'd have to download on a different machine and transfer with a USB stick or whatever.

Numpty question:

How do I install the driver (kext?) for the Realtek USB? The comments below that driver download indicate that people (who probably know far more than me) are having trouble using the app that accompanies the kext. I'm a mac novice.

Thanks in advance.

Whallsey

Make sure to get the El Capitan version of it. The download of that one that I've seen is a .pkg file, which is an installer. You just run it and accept all the defaults. I think it will make you reboot at the end.

After the reboot, when you log in (assuming you have the USB device plugged in), you'll probably get a Wireless app that comes up. One of the tabs lists available wireless networks, and if you pick one it'll prompt you for the security key and stuff.

I never had any luck getting the menu bar icon to do anything, but that wireless app works OK and seems to stay open in your taskbar even if you close the window. If you manage to fully quit the app you can start it again from /Applications if you need it.

It seems to take a few seconds after you log in to make the wireless connection, but after that it seems to work fine. I'm using a NUC5i3MYHE with an AC600 to watch Netflix in the browser and it works.

Thanks, I solved! :thumbup:

Hello ,
you confirm that you have solved the problem of displaying the logo ? you can get more information about how to solve? EL CAPITAN operating system

thanks in advanced

Giorgio
Italy

I have an NUC5i5RYH on stock bluetooth with working Apple wireless keyboard & trackpad.

I have also followed Not Shy's guide to enable wake from sleep using the wireless keyboard & trackpad successfully.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/7282-not-shys-guide-potentially-fix-bluetooth-sleep-wake.html

The problem is that the battery of both the wireless keyboard & trackpad would drain excessively (30-40% overnight) if I do not switch off the main power after shutdown.

Edit/PS: The problem with battery drainage occurs with or without enabling wake from sleep
Yep ! same heer , my logitech k760 keyboard drain and turned off by it self and i changed the trackpad battery after one day only of installing OS X as the guide in my NUC5i7RYH !! something wrong happening

Hello ,
you confirm that you have solved the problem of displaying the logo ? you can get more information about how to solve? EL CAPITAN operating system

thanks in advanced

Giorgio
Italy

I solved, makes only a subtle blink at half load, but the logo is correct until the end, I do not think you can do better, clover configurator...
Ciao
Marco

Comment: Boot graphics glitch, 10.10.x/10.11.x
Name: IOGraphicsFamily
Find: <0100007517>
Replace: <010000eb17>

Attachments

• logoOK.jpg
    logoOK.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 234
I solved, makes only a subtle blink at half load, but the logo is correct until the end, I do not think you can do better, clover configurator...
Ciao
Marco

Comment: Boot graphics glitch, 10.10.x/10.11.x
Name: IOGraphicsFamily
Find: <0100007517>
Replace: <010000eb17>

Hello Marco ..

Thanks !!! 100 % fixed !!!
tutto perfetto , Grazie ;-)

Hello Marco ..

Thanks !!! 100 % fixed !!!
tutto perfetto , Grazie ;-)

To you it is flashing at half load or is perfect to the end?
What NUC do you have?

ciao
Marco

Make sure to get the El Capitan version of it. The download of that one that I've seen is a .pkg file, which is an installer. You just run it and accept all the defaults. I think it will make you reboot at the end.

After the reboot, when you log in (assuming you have the USB device plugged in), you'll probably get a Wireless app that comes up. One of the tabs lists available wireless networks, and if you pick one it'll prompt you for the security key and stuff.

I never had any luck getting the menu bar icon to do anything, but that wireless app works OK and seems to stay open in your taskbar even if you close the window. If you manage to fully quit the app you can start it again from /Applications if you need it.

It seems to take a few seconds after you log in to make the wireless connection, but after that it seems to work fine. I'm using a NUC5i3MYHE with an AC600 to watch Netflix in the browser and it works.

Sorry, a lot of confusion on the Web about what works. Is this the link to the driver you got working?

http://www.osx86.net/file/4587-all-...ireless-usb-adapters-el-capitan-ready/?page=1

Thank you again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back