Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] El Capitan on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing to look out for if you are hoping to get iMessage working. The values that Clover Configurator generates for your MLB (board serial) may be generic - and if that is the case (it was for me) you will need to replace them with a unique MLB (all of this is covered in that massive iMessage guide thread linked in first post). But for those with a quick attention span, here is what I used to get it working:

MLB: use serial number + 5 random chars
ROM: use 12 character network MAC address (remove colons)

If you update your ROM, remember that your smUUID should end with your 12 digit ROM.

I must say I read the thread, but not very carefully, hoping for bugs encountered beeing solved in the first post ^^'

The fix is actually fixed in the files from the guide. Clover Configurator is just deleting the value when you save, which is why I haven't encountered it as I edit the config file by hand (Not that you shouldn't use Clover Configurator). I'm sorry I didn't try to be snarky or anything, just wanted to point you to the fastest way to fix it :) It takes some time to edit the guide and making sure everything is laid out correctly which is why I haven't had the time to do it yet ;-)

Another thing to look out for if you are hoping to get iMessage working. The values that Clover Configurator generates for your MLB (board serial) may be generic - and if that is the case (it was for me) you will need to replace them with a unique MLB (all of this is covered in that massive iMessage guide thread linked in first post). But for those with a quick attention span, here is what I used to get it working:

MLB: use serial number + 5 random chars
ROM: use 12 character network MAC address (remove colons)

If you update your ROM, remember that your smUUID should end with your 12 digit ROM.

Huh? My SmUUID is in no way connected to my ROM value and everything seems to work.

My understanding is that you should just keep all values consistent. (Meaning that if you change one of the values after logging in with your AppleID you should change all of them.) In another way treat that set of values as a single computer, where you are unable to change them at will.

I'm a bit more careful with my values now, as I once spoke to an Apple rep. (Unrelated to Hackintosh) who asked me why I had so many (sounded to me like above 100) MacMinis on my AppleID. (Been using the same AppleID forever.)

@cnrd:

I've tried using the latest CodecCommander.kext from RehabMan, the Multibeast Method (realtekALC),... even reloading AppleHDA - nothing works.

What DOES work however is when setting Audio ID -> 2 (3-port config) instead of 1! Sound works after sleep but then there's only sound coming from the right speaker, so yeah...

Did you find out anything?

The fix is actually fixed in the files from the guide. Clover Configurator is just deleting the value when you save, which is why I haven't encountered it as I edit the config file by hand (Not that you shouldn't use Clover Configurator).
I used Clover Configurator for only on thing : I read it was a way to skeep the clover screen (to have a Finder working right after Power On without any action).
And it didn't even work ^^'
I'm sorry I didn't try to be snarky or anything, just wanted to point you to the fastest way to fix it :)
No offense taken ;)
It takes some time to edit the guide and making sure everything is laid out correctly which is why I haven't had the time to do it yet ;-)
How ever, only 2 week after I decided to go Hackintosh (and 3 days after building the machine), I have won a huge battle without any real fight, thanks to your work :)

@tasc : I have no plan using iMessage : I have no iPhone ^^

this version of mac osx is not supported on this platform

hi, i´ve follow your guide and it give me this error message "this version of mac osx is not supported on this platform", what i have to do?

my hardware is:
intel i7 6700k 4.0ghz
gigabyte geforce gtx 970 g1
gigabyte z170x-ud3

please help me i´m exausted of tryiing intallers

OK so I just ended up buying an external sound card (I've literally tried everything to get this damn audio to work):
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EZT7RE4/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
No more messing with kexts after OS X updates, everything just works natively and it sounds REALLY REALLY great using my Beats Studio 2.0 headphones and also my BOSE Companion speakers!

Also ordered THIS native WiFi/ Bluetooth card from Broadcom + Adapter because my GMYLE - Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter was randomly disconnecting after waking from sleep.

Now enjoying the most hassle-free and complete Hackintosh I've ever owned!

Hi guys, thanks for the awesome guide!

I'm having some troubles however.

So far I've followed everything to the letter, with the inclusion of today's clover update (the automatic ram one)

However, when booting the installer with clover it freezes after several ++++++++'s of the loading indicator, leaving me completely in the dark as to what could be going wrong.

Bios is F6, settings as suggested, 6700k, 4x8gb 2666, r9 390.

Any ideas how I could debug this further? :beachball:

Thanks for this awesome guide, everything working as charm except "ssdtPRGen.sh-Beta",
i get this error when i run it "
Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

Do you want to copy /Users/Ahmed_Shaalan/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.aml to /Extra/ssdt.aml? (y/n)? y

cp: /Extra/ssdt.aml: No such file or directory"
ive copied "ssdt.aml" files from "~/Library/ssdtPRGen/" to "EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched"
but i think it doesnt work, because it cant wake up from sleep.

Also sometimes front USB 3.0 not working.
any suggestions?

Last edited:
Thanks for this awesome guide, everything working as charm except "ssdtPRGen.sh-Beta",
i get this error when i run it "
Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

Do you want to copy /Users/Ahmed_Shaalan/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.aml to /Extra/ssdt.aml? (y/n)? y

cp: /Extra/ssdt.aml: No such file or directory"
ive copied "ssdt.aml" files from "~/Library/ssdtPRGen/" to "EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched"
but i think it doesnt work, because it cant wake up from sleep.

Also sometimes front USB 3.0 not working.
any suggestions?

That's right, the ssdt.aml does not go in /Extra, but rather the /patched folder (there should be another SSDT in there already for USB). For your front USB ports, make sure you have them connected to a working motherboard header (some are disabled, see USB config section in initial post).

SSDT & DSDT goes in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. Origin folder is for Clean ACPI files when pressing F4 at Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back