Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the GA-H87N-WIFI with GT 740

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, thanks for the excellent guide - I did a clean install on my GA-H87N-WIFI i3 machine, and most things are working.

I originally had a bluetooth dongle which was working okay, but since my wifi card was incompatible with El Capitan, I decided to go with the Broadcom mini PCIE that you used. I installed the kexts (per your guide) to S/L/E (with kextbeast). When I go there, it shows the kexts, but as "zero bytes". The wireless works perfectly, but the bluetooth will only work with the dongle - not with the internal. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Did not work for me, same problem :confused:

It doesn't sound like the kexts installed correctly. Maybe delete them, then "sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions" from Terminal and reboot and try again?

I removed them, did the "touch", rebooted, and downloaded fresh kexts. the wifi kexts in Finder show 0 bytes, but works perfectly. the BT kexts show normal size, but without the dongle, the BT assistant cannot find anything to pair with (after a reboot). Plug in the dongle, and "BAM"...BT.

GA-H87N-WIFI, i3, card graphics, AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB/BCM94352, apple BT keyboard and mouse. IOGEAR BT 4.0 dongle. [h=1][/h]

Maybe it does not work, because I have the newest BIOS version F9?

EDIT:
BIOS with F9 is not booting the installler, so I downgraded to F8 and it is working now.
I´m installing now, thank you....

EDIT2:
I am at "Final Hardware Setup" and everything goes well until Step 12.This is the output for Step 11 and 12 in the Terminal:

"PC:~ cc$ curl -o ~/ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/Beta/ssdtPRGen.sh
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 134k 100 134k 0 0 137k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 137k
PC:~ cc$ chmod +x ~/ssdtPRGen.sh
PC:~ cc$ ~/ssdtPRGen.sh

ssdtPRGen.sh v0.9 Copyright (c) 2011-2012 by † RevoGirl
v6.6 Copyright (c) 2013 by † Jeroen
v16.4 Copyright (c) 2013-2015 by Pike R. Alpha
-----------------------------------------------------------
Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <

/Users/sc/ssdtPRGen.sh: line 3406: /Users/sc/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data/Models.cfg: No such file or directory
System information: Mac OS X 10.11.1 (15B42)
Brandstring 'Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4330 CPU @ 3.50GHz'

gModelDataVersion:
/Users/sc/ssdtPRGen.sh: line 2707: /Users/sc/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data/Ivy Bridge.cfg: No such file or directory
/Users/sc/ssdtPRGen.sh: line 2718: /Users/sc/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data/Haswell.cfg: No such file or directory
/Users/sc/ssdtPRGen.sh: line 2729: /Users/sc/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data/Broadwell.cfg: No such file or directory
/Users/sc/ssdtPRGen.sh: line 2740: /Users/sc/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data/Skylake.cfg: No such file or directory
Scope (_PR_) {220 bytes} with ACPI Processor declarations found in the DSDT (ACPI 1.0 compliant)
Generating ssdt.dsl for a 'iMac14,1' with board-id [Mac-031B6874CF7F642A]
Haswell Core i3-4330 processor [0x306C3] setup [0x0905]
Processor NOT matched, checking required arguments!

Error: Low Frequency Mode is 0 ...
Aborting ...
Done.

PC:~ cc$"

Any ideas somebody? :problem:

Hello there, working with the GA-H87N-WIFI and I have a question on the network portion from this guide; specifically ethernet.

This is a new install and not an upgrade, after completing all of the steps up in the Post installation section I rebooted to prepare for the Final Hardware setup. At this point the guide says that you should have a functioning ethernet. However, when I go to Networking in the control panel all that I see is the Bluetooth and Phone. There are no available Ethernet ports. When I plug my ethernet into either port it lights up but I have no internet.

Thoughts?

This machine was previously working fine with 10.1.

For the H87N-WIFI or Z87N-WIFI, you need AppleIntelE1000e.kext installed for one Ethernet port, and ALXEthernet.kext for the other. You can install those either to the appropriate Clover kexts location(s) or to /Library/Extensions with KextBeast or a similar tool. Once you install them and reboot, you should see your Ethernet port(s) in System Configuration / Network.

If you're using a different board, you should check which Ethernet chip(s) it uses and use the appropriate drivers instead of the ones above.

Following the steps I place both of these files on the desktop and run kextbeast which tells me that it is the size is zero. However after running kextbeast, in both the /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions (i tried both) are the files that you are referring to.

My board is the H87N-WIFI

1. Unzip the following kexts you copied from the postinstall directory of the USB stick earlier, and move the resulting files to the Desktop: AppleIntelE1000e.kext andALXEthernet.kext
  2. If using the suggested wireless card above... not using wireless
  3. Unzip the KextBeast application you copied from the postinstall directory of the USB stick earlier. Run the resulting application. When it finishes, restart.
  4. Both Ethernet ports should be working now. If you have the recommended wireless card installed, wireless should be working too. Make sure you have Internet access before proceeding.
This is where I am stuck.

If they're in BOTH /L/E and /S/L/E then you should delete them from one or the other and then open a terminal and run:

Code:
sudo touch /Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

And then reboot.

hi mate, could you show me the guide for multibeast part? i dont seem to be able to get the audio on, hope to hear from you soon.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back