Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the GA-H87N-WIFI with GT 740

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a system you select iMac (14,1). This can't be used with the Nividia proprietary drivers right ? You have to select MacPro 3.1 ?
Does it change something (for sleep or the CPU states ?)

I used iMac14,2 and it's working with Nvidia propietary drivers.

@n3oNLit3 I have the same board. Can you please share your specs for getting El Capitan with WiFi and Ethernet working? I can get El Capitan installed but no luck getting internet going.

Try without the customized DSDT if you're using the FakePCIID and FakePCIID_XHCIMux kexts. The custom DSDT removes a bunch of ports, and that shouldn't be necessary if the XHCIMux fix works. If you're on a different BIOS or something, it may be that the DSDT isn't quite a fit.
I just updated my bios to F9, to see if that would fix anything. I'm left with the same issue. It gives me USB 2 speeds when I test after a boot, but after ejecting and then unplugging the drive and plugging it back in, I get the full USB 3 speeds. As you can see in the images, it assigns the external (My Book) to the USB 2 hub after boot, but after I replug it in, it goes to the correct place (USB 3). Also I forgot to mention, thats with no DSDT or SSDT, but with the FakePCIID kexts installed.
Boot.jpg After Eject.jpg

EDIT: I finally found some more time to play around with it, and bios version F7 seemed to fix my issue. Not really sure why, but I'll take it!

Last edited:
Double-click the audio_cloverALC-110.command file in Finder. When prompted, answer:

• Confirm Realtek ALC892 (y/n): y
  • Enable HD4600 HDMI audio (y/n): n (I'm not using the built-in HD4600 GPU)
  • Clover Audio ID Injection (y/n): y
  • Use Audio ID: 1 (y/n): y

10 000 thank you, for this remarquable guide :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:.
Really.
For us newcomers, yet beginners, it is of a great help.

I want to confirm that El Capitan is very sensible on RAM. I've lost half a day trying to understand why it refused installation because it "could not unpack essentials.pkg".
Replacement of my single 8 GB RAM fixed instantaneously the issue.

Besides, I hope you will forgive the stupidity of my question, but :
how/where do you type in the password in the above script ?! I only see a locked small grey key icon.
I'm sure it's obvious...
Otherwise, 'til that step, all went fine. Thank you again.

When you run the script, it should open a Terminal window. So long as that window has the focus, you can just type your password when prompted and hit Enter/Return. The grey lock icon signifies that it will not show the characters as you type them, as a security precaution.

I have used partially your guide, as Unibeast was available when I upgraded to El Capitan.
Anyway, EHCI Hands off enabled on my GA-H87N messed up with the sound when plugging in USB 3 devices and created problems of automatic reboot after shut down when USB key or drive still in.
Disabled it fixed this issue.
And I had to disable the HD4600 in the bios too, otherwise I was getting artefacts on Youtube on the first videos I watched after start up.

I'm trying to follow your guide but am using the GA-H97N-WIFI and an AzureWave CE-123H

If using the suggested wireless card above, also extract four more kexts:

• Unzip RehabMan-FakePCIID.zip and copy FakePCIID.kext andFakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM9436OCS2.kext from the Release/ directory to the Desktop
I downloaded the most recent two versions of the RehabMan-FakePCIID zip files. I couldn't find the 2nd kext referenced above.
Contents of the Release folder in current version are:
FakePCIID.kext FakePCIID_Intel_GbX.kext
FakePCIID_AR9280_as_AR946x.kext FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
FakePCIID_BCM57XX_as_BCM57765.kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext

Which is now the correct kext for the BCM94352HMB?

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm trying to follow your guide but am using the GA-H97N-WIFI and an AzureWave CE-123H I downloaded the most recent two versions of the RehabMan-FakePCIID zip files. I couldn't find the 2nd kext referenced above.

It's FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext -- I'll update the first post accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back