Contribute
Register

[Guide] Disabling discrete graphics in dual-GPU laptops

Here is the file needed:

Please help me patch with it, I tried and always not working. Thanks for your patience

Attachments

• to be sent.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 78
Here is the file needed:

Please help me patch with it, I tried and always not working. Thanks for your patience

You still have incorrect edits to _OFF In SSDT-14.
Key point: In your case, _OFF requires no edits!
Why are you changing it?

You still have incorrect edits to _OFF In SSDT-14.
Key point: In your case, _OFF requires no edits!
Why are you changing it?

I have fix my SSDT-14 so that it is more understandable and clear, Please review my problem. And yes still Nvidia Activated. This are the file:

Attachments

• to be sent.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 83
Hey Rehabman,

I have an other question about my DSDT. You know there is a patch called "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" as per guide.My DSDT accepts also Rename PCI0.GFX0 to PCI0.IGPU as well. If I use one these patches ''Rename-VID_AGP1 to IGPU'' this one also becomes acceptable by MaciAsl. So I am having a hard time to determine which patch I should use according to my DSDT. Thank you in advence!

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    738.1 KB · Views: 90
I have fix my SSDT-14 so that it is more understandable and clear, Please review my problem. And yes still Nvidia Activated. This are the file:

Then just move on the to HGOF part which contains EC0 (SSDT-14). Cut that line only. Next thing is that to patch Rehabman Disable from _REG (DSDT). Find the patch section you just done patching and remove this line,

Code:
External(\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._OFF, MethodObj)\n
    \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._OFF()\n

and then add your EC0 section that you cut before. (SSDT-14)

If you have accurate Sorted Order and Drop_Oem True , you should be done.

The changes you made to _INI are wrong.
You only need to call _OFF.
Remove the code you added that is calling \_SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX._OFF()
The resulting _INI should be:
Code:
        Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)  // _INI: Initialize
        {
            Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX._ADR)
            _OFF ()
        }

And again, you made incorrect changes to _OFF.
Correct _OFF is the original code:
Code:
        Method (_OFF, 0, Serialized)  // _OFF: Power Off
        {
            Store (LCTL, ELCT)
            Store (VREG, VGAB)
            HGOF ()
            Return (Zero)
        }

Hey Rehabman,

I have an other question about my DSDT. You know there is a patch called "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" as per guide.My DSDT accepts also Rename PCI0.GFX0 to PCI0.IGPU as well. If I use one these patches ''Rename-VID_AGP1 to IGPU'' this one also becomes acceptable by MaciAsl. So I am having a hard time to determine which patch I should use according to my DSDT. Thank you in advence!

Your profile is not filled out as per FAQ.
Please fix.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

As to your question, use "Rename GFX0 to IGPU". It is the typical patch required. The others are for special laptops (such as Lenovo Thinkpad, which I don't think you have [even though you failed to fill out your profile])

Your profile is not filled out as per FAQ.
Please fix.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

As to your question, use "Rename GFX0 to IGPU". It is the typical patch required. The others are for special laptops (such as Lenovo Thinkpad, which I don't think you have [even though you failed to fill out your profile])

I will do now.. I am actually using Lenovo Ideapad 510-15ISK. Does this matter?

Second, am I allow to share patched files (DSDT and SSDT-14) to give him a try?

Thank you!

Last edited:
I will do know.. I am actually using Lenovo Ideapad 510-15ISK. Does this matter?

It is not a Thinkpad. I wrote "such as Lenovo Thinkpad"...
Please remove your signature and place all data in the three profile fields as per FAQ.

Second, am I allow to share patched files (DSDT and SSDT-14) to give him a try?

You cannot share patched ACPI files.
You can read about the reasons in the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Back