GPU still getting listed under Display/Graphics in System Information

Attachments

• Rehab_Man.zip
    676.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
_INI method is in SSDT-6 and _OFF method is in DSDT-8
GPU still getting listed under Display/Graphics in System Information

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Hi, Rehabman. It failed to disable the discrete graphic on my laptop since the os updated from 10.12.1 to 10.12.4. The dsdt and ssdts which I used worked well before. But now the AMDSupport.kext is loaded in Extensions showed in System Info. It makes my laptop very hot. Please help me disable the discrete graphic to make my laptop cool down.
Thanks.

Attachments

• report files.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 75
Hi, Rehabman. It failed to disable the discrete graphic on my laptop since the os updated from 10.12.1 to 10.12.4. The dsdt and ssdts which I used worked well before. But now the AMDSupport.kext is loaded in Extensions showed in System Info. It makes my laptop very hot. Please help me disable the discrete graphic to make my laptop cool down.
Thanks.

You forgot to press F4 to collect new ACPI/origin.
Please read post #1, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully.

You forgot to press F4 to collect new ACPI/origin.
Please read post #1, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully.

Ah, I found the DSDT and SSDT extracted by clover not available for my laptop. I don't know why. So I collected them by AIDA64 in Windows. I will upload them this time.

I have tried patch "Disable from _INI (SSDT)" and "Disable from _REG (DSDT)" in MaciASL, but it did not any change.

Thanks.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 58
  • DSDT SSDTs extracted by AIDA64.zip
    41.5 KB · Views: 70
  • MacBook Pro.zip
    502.2 KB · Views: 63
  • RehabMan.zip
    46 KB · Views: 67
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 9.05.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 9.05.29 AM.png
    110.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 9.06.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 9.06.41 AM.png
    187.6 KB · Views: 98
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 9.14.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 9.14.54 AM.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Ah, I found the DSDT and SSDT extracted by clover not available for my laptop.

No idea what you're referring to.
Your EFI/Clover has ACPI/origin files.
ACPI is not patched correctly.
Based on ACPI/origin you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-8.aml

Hello RehabMan. Really need your help on this. It's my sixth attempt to disable discreet card and enable brightness control, but every time I rename GFX0 to IGPU my computer fails to start (it hangs with an "Prohibited" symbol). Here are the files for problem solving. The patched.zip file contains my patched SSDT, since I had to remove them from Clover to be able to boot. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 83
  • iMac de Jones.ioreg
    2.4 MB · Views: 69
  • Patched.zip
    55.9 KB · Views: 72
  • RehabMan.zip
    54.7 KB · Views: 57
  • kextstat return.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 87
Hello RehabMan. Really need your help on this. It's my sixth attempt to disable discreet card and enable brightness control, but every time I rename GFX0 to IGPU my computer fails to start (it hangs with an "Prohibited" symbol). Here are the files for problem solving. The patched.zip file contains my patched SSDT, since I had to remove them from Clover to be able to boot. Thanks in advance!

You probably forgot to set DropOem=true and SortedOrder to specify SSDT load order.

You probably forgot to set DropOem=true and SortedOrder to specify SSDT load order.

No luck. DropOem was set to true. Tried different load orders, and it always stops with the "prohibited" symbol. When patching the SSDTs, I noticed some "x" SSDTs with references to GFX0, buti I simple ignored them because they wouldn't load from the patched folder.

Back