Contribute
Register

[Guide] Disabling discrete graphics in dual-GPU laptops

Ok I think I'm ready to go I've attached the 2 files to disable nvidia. I've patched _INI per guide and moved EC related code from HGOF (ssdt-17.dsl) to _REG. (dsdt.dsl)

ssdt-17 compiles fine. DSDT.dsl gives me one error.

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    63 KB · Views: 71
@RehabMan Yah it was an older tool! 5.1 was last ACPI available. alot more examplepatches to work with too. Thx

I just get one error now on a vanilla compile
name already exists in scope bnum

Remove 'External (BNUM, ...' line.

yah I got it commented out //external

Ok moving ssdt-17.dsl and dsdt.dsl to clover patched. Drop OEM is not checked. Do I need to put those files in sort order with DSDT first?

yah I got it commented out //external

Ok moving ssdt-17.dsl and dsdt.dsl to clover patched. Drop OEM is not checked. Do I need to put those files in sort order with DSDT first?

Clover will not read .dsl files.
Must be compiled as AML.
And when you have even a single patched SSDT, must include all static OEM SSDTs in ACPI/patched, must use SortedOrder to specify order, and must use DropOem=true.
See guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

SortedOrder has nothing to do with DSDT.

yah I had compiled them first. I'm confused because I put SSDT-PNLF.aml and ssdtPRGen.sh ssdt in ACPI/Patched folder and it worked without including all static OEM ssdts.

yah I had compiled them first. I'm confused because I put SSDT-PNLF.aml and ssdtPRGen.sh ssdt in ACPI/Patched folder and it worked without including all static OEM ssdts.

My comments are regarding patched SSDTs.

SSDT-PNLF.aml is not a patched SSDT.

ok thx. Rehabman. SO just include ssdt0-17 and dsdt I don't need to include the other oem aml files right? like apic.aml dmar.aml etc.

SO just include ssdt0-17 and dsdt I don't need to include the other oem aml files right? like apic.aml dmar.aml etc.

Wrong.
Read post #1265. Carefully.
Note: static SSDT file names start with SSDT and have no 'x' in them.

Ok so if I'm understanding correctly, I need to include all aml files from the clover f4 dump and replace ssdt-17.aml and dsdt.aml with my patched versions and also rename ssdtx*.aml to ssdt*.aml and then in sorted order put ssdt0-17.aml in the order they were dumped.

Ok so if I'm understanding correctly, I need to include all aml files from the clover f4 dump and replace ssdt-17.aml and dsdt.aml with my patched versions and also rename ssdtx*.aml to ssdt*.aml and then in sorted order put ssdt0-17.aml in the order they were dumped.

No.
Not all AML files. As per guide, only static SSDTs.
No idea what you mean by ssdtx*.aml. There will be no files that match that pattern in a Clover F4 dump. SSDT-*x.aml are dynamic SSDTs, therefore NOT static, therefore NOT placed in ACPI/patched.
I think you need to read the ACPI patching guide carefully.

Back