Contribute
Register

[Guide] Disabling discrete graphics in dual-GPU laptops

You cannot remove the entire method. You must move only the EC related code to _REG.

Yeah, that's what I meant, I was too lazy to write.

Must provide all files requested in "Problem Reporting" each time a change is made.
But by your own description above, you did it incorrectly.

The files are in the attachment.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2 MB · Views: 119
Yeah, that's what I meant, I was too lazy to write.

The files are in the attachment.

You can see in ioreg that it is not working (and in System Information -> Graphics).

SSDT-11.aml has no call to _OFF from _INI.

You can see in ioreg that it is not working (and in System Information -> Graphics).

SSDT-11.aml has no call to _OFF from _INI.

Ok now I don't see the nVidia card in System information -> Graphics. Can you check I did everything fine?

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2 MB · Views: 97
Ok now I don't see the nVidia card in System information -> Graphics. Can you check I did everything fine?

Looks good to me. The ioreg shows it disabled and the correct code was moved to _REG.

Hi Rehabman,

I did succeed in 10.11. but after update the system to 10.12 , reinstall all of the patches and regenerate DSDT/SSDT, I failed even revert back to the original... Please give me a hand. thank you .

Attachments

• hwp0415229.zip
    733.4 KB · Views: 68
Hi Rehabman,

I did succeed in 10.11. but after update the system to 10.12 , reinstall all of the patches and regenerate DSDT/SSDT, I failed even revert back to the original... Please give me a hand. thank you .

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting". Provide *all* files and output requested.

Attachments

• hwp0415229.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 111
add missed clover folder

You did not patch ACPI correctly.
First, your files in ACPI/patched cannot be disassembled (iasl -da -dl *.aml). That is a bad sign (duplicate symbols).
Second, the wrong files are there anyway... you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-8.aml
SSDT-9.aml
SSDT-10.aml
SSDT-11.aml
SSDT-12.aml
SSDT-UIAC.aml (your add-on for USBInjectAll.kext configuration)

You did not patch ACPI correctly.
First, your files in ACPI/patched cannot be disassembled (iasl -da -dl *.aml). That is a bad sign (duplicate symbols).
Second, the wrong files are there anyway... you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-8.aml
SSDT-9.aml
SSDT-10.aml
SSDT-11.aml
SSDT-12.aml
SSDT-UIAC.aml (your add-on for USBInjectAll.kext configuration)
after regenerate ssdt.aml with ssdtPRgen.sh , rename SSDT-UIAC-All.aml to SSDT-UIAC.aml and remove SSDT-10.aml(SSDT-10 should be SSDT-UIAC-All.aml,I didn't notice that), ACPI/patched can be disassembled. but the issue remain the same.
For ssdt.aml was generated in 10.11 and I just copy it to the 10.12 . Do you mean that ssdt.aml must be regenerated when OS X is updated, pls?

Attachments

• hwp0415229.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 80
after regenerate ssdt.aml with ssdtPRgen.sh , rename SSDT-UIAC-All.aml to SSDT-UIAC.aml and remove SSDT-10.aml(SSDT-10 should be SSDT-UIAC-All.aml,I didn't notice that), ACPI/patched can be disassembled. but the issue remain the same.
For ssdt.aml was generated in 10.11 and I just copy it to the 10.12 . Do you mean that ssdt.aml must be regenerated when OS X is updated, pls?

Why did you add DSDT.aml to SortedOrder? SortedOrder is only for SSDTs.

SGOF (called by _OFF) has EC references that must be moved to _REG. Read the guide carefully.

Back