Contribute
Register

[Guide] Disabling discrete graphics in dual-GPU laptops

It is not so in the files you provided.

So am I looking at wrong place? I see this method in DSDT. In CLOVER.zip, the code I posted is in the patched folder. The code without GPOF is in the origin folder. Further, I see the GPOF call also in DSDT extracted via patchmatic (acpi.zip).

So if this code is there, do you think it should work? It doesn't ... but maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thank you for your support. It's unbelievable how fast you answer everything ...

So am I looking at wrong place? I see this method in DSDT. In CLOVER.zip, the code I posted is in the patched folder. The code without GPOF is in the origin folder. Further, I see the GPOF call also in DSDT extracted via patchmatic (acpi.zip).

So if this code is there, do you think it should work? It doesn't ... but maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thank you for your support. It's unbelievable how fast you answer everything ...

I was looking at the source code you have in ACPI/patched/DSDT.dsl...

Use ACPIDebug.kext to debug the code.

Look at display properties with an external monitor connected. Windows tells you which graphics device a given display is connected to.

It says it's connected to the graphics card. Fiddled around and didn't seem to find anything about it being fixed, but it is disableable through the device manager, it seems.

It says it's connected to the graphics card. Fiddled around and didn't seem to find anything about it being fixed, but it is disableable through the device manager, it seems.

Connected to which graphics card?

Sorry, to the Radeon, not the integrated gpu

Then your attempt to disable it is nonsense. This guide is only for switched dual-GPU, not dedicated dual-GPU.

Hello Experts

I have been able to get all things right in the Asus UX303UB laptop hackintosh except getting this Nvidia GeForce 940M switched off.

Have followed this guide even though it's different with respect to the numbering of SSDT files. I tried patches from the laptop repo but still no change.

Could someone take a look at the DSDT and SSDT attached here to point me in the right direction.
I really appreciate any help.

Cheers

Attachments

• Tables.zip
    85.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Pasted Graphic.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 83
Hello Experts

I have been able to get all things right in the Asus UX303UB laptop hackintosh except getting this Nvidia GeForce 940M switched off.

Have followed this guide even though it's different with respect to the numbering of SSDT files. I tried patches from the laptop repo but still no change.

Could someone take a look at the DSDT and SSDT attached here to point me in the right direction.
I really appreciate any help.

Cheers

You need to provide all DSDT + SSDT via Clover F4 extract (ACPI/origin).

Ok attached all files. SSDT 9, 10 and 11 are dynamically loaded which I don't put in the patched directory.

And I use iASL 6.1

Attachments

• All_tables.zip
    119 KB · Views: 89
Ok attached all files. SSDT 9, 10 and 11 are dynamically loaded which I don't put in the patched directory.

And I use iASL 6.1

Please read post #886. Carefully.

Hint: I asked for files that come directly from ACPI/origin after a Clover F4 extract. That's not what you attached.

Back