Contribute
Register

[Guide] Disabling discrete graphics in dual-GPU laptops

Ok I'll do that later, it's 1am midnight now in my time zone.
BTW, all the patches are from your guide. I think the off method or the sgof method might accessed the ec.Could you check that?

As a for example, I don't know why you added _PRW to Device(SBUS). It is as if you applied Skylake specific _PRW patch to your non-Skylake DSDT.

Make sure do not apply patches that are not appropriate for your hardware.

Note also that your DSDT has Mutex objects with non-zero SyncLevel, yet you didn't patch for it.
And the way you removed the Name(...,"*pnp) instead of changing *pnp to pnp, is wrong (there is no patch in my guide that removes the Name object in such a case, but there is one to fix it).

Last edited:
As a for example, I don't know why you added _PRW to Device(SBUS). It is as if you applied Skylake specific _PRW patch to your non-Skylake DSDT.

Make sure do not apply patches that are not appropriate for your hardware.

Note also that your DSDT has Mutex objects with non-zero SyncLevel, yet you didn't patch for it.
And the way you removed the Name(...,"*pnp) instead of changing *pnp to pnp, is wrong (there is no patch in my guide that removes the Name object in such a case, but there is one to fix it).

I tried the original dsdt without any patches but the auto shutdown remains.
This is the Clover.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Verbose.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 104
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 90
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 102
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 95
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 105
I am having a problem in disabling AMD Radeon 7650M Graphics for a Sony Vaio with BIOS R0204E6.The BIOS does not provide any option for disabling from it so I have tried the patches both SSDT and DSDT from your repository but nothing works as of now. Can u please help me in fixing it?

SSDT-6.aml is for graphics.

Attachments

• SSDT .zip
    21.3 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I tried the original dsdt without any patches but the auto shutdown remains.
This is the Clover.

This ACPI configuration is wrong. You have unbalanced renames. SSDT-9/SSDT-8 use IGPU, but DSDT uses GFX0.

I am having a problem in disabling AMD Radeon 7650M Graphics for a Sony Vaio with BIOS R0204E6.The BIOS does not provide any option for disabling from it so I have tried the patches both SSDT and DSDT from your repository but nothing works as of now. Can u please help me in fixing it?

SSDT-6.aml is for graphics.

Your profile indicates you have only AMD graphics. No Intel. Post output of 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal to confirm.

If you have only AMD, trying to disable it is nonsense.

This ACPI configuration is wrong. You have unbalanced renames. SSDT-9/SSDT-8 use IGPU, but DSDT uses GFX0.
Because I tried a completely original dsdt without any patches. ( so "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" was not applied as well.)
The dsdt in Clover folder in #780 does not have this problem. But it didn't solve the problem as well.

Also I found:

If I use a completely original dsdt without any patches, and the modified ssdt then OS X will auto shutdown before the login screen. (as verbose screen in #787 showed)

If I use a dsdt with only one patch --- "Rename GFX0 to IGPU", and the modified ssdt then the discrete graphics could not be disabled.

Is this some kind of clue ?

Because I tried a completely original dsdt without any patches. ( so "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" was not applied as well.)

If you're going to do that, you need to use unpatched SSDTs as well.

Your profile indicates you have only AMD graphics. No Intel. Post output of 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal to confirm.

If you have only AMD, trying to disable it is nonsense.
I am pretty sure that I have hd4600.This is the screen shot of device manager in windows.
Is this enough?Do I still need to get linux?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    6.2 MB · Views: 198
I am pretty sure that I have hd4600.This is the screen shot of device manager in windows.
Is this enough?Do I still need to get linux?

My #790 was reply to @algnam94, not you.

Back