Contribute
Register

[Guide] Disabling discrete graphics in dual-GPU laptops

Please read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Last login: Sun Jul 17 21:34:08 on console

MacBook-Pro:~ Admin$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

13 2 0xffffff7f825c5000 0x66000 0x66000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) 295F7A91-2DF7-3FFE-9550-A0C1A6F9D575 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

MacBook-Pro:~ Admin$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

MacBook-Pro:~ Admin$

Last login: Sun Jul 17 21:34:08 on console

MacBook-Pro:~ Admin$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

13 2 0xffffff7f825c5000 0x66000 0x66000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) 295F7A91-2DF7-3FFE-9550-A0C1A6F9D575 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

MacBook-Pro:~ Admin$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

MacBook-Pro:~ Admin$

Need all files/output as requested in post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Please read it carefully.

Need all files/output as requested in post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Please read it carefully.

I read that 3 or 4 times and correct me if I'm wrong. (Sorry, I'm not a native English speaker.)

I think I need to upload my clover/EFI folder, patchmatic output, ioreg record. I've uploaded them all in #723. I uploaded the dsdt and ssdt (extracted form AIDA64 Windows) that I've been working with in #723,too.
Did I miss anything?

BTW:I've read some other guides and it seemed that Method (_PS0) and Method (_PS3) are needed.But I can't find them in the graphics related ssdt. Is that OK?

I read that 3 or 4 times and correct me if I'm wrong. (Sorry, I'm not a native English speaker.)

I think I need to upload my clover/EFI folder, patchmatic output, ioreg record. I've uploaded them all in #723. I uploaded the dsdt and ssdt (extracted form AIDA64 Windows) that I've been working with in #723,too.
Did I miss anything?

BTW:I've read some other guides and it seemed that Method (_PS0) and Method (_PS3) are needed.But I can't find them in the graphics related ssdt. Is that OK?

First, EFI not requested. Provide only EFI/Clover (without themes). Second, you did not press F4 before collecting the EFI you provided in #723. Please read the instructions carefully.

First, EFI not requested. Provide only EFI/Clover (without themes). Second, you did not press F4 before collecting the EFI you provided in #723. Please read the instructions carefully.

I'm very sorry, I thought the dsdt and ssdt extracted form AIDA64 are just the same as the dsdt and ssdt extracted by Clover - F4 . However I've just tried and it seemed that I was wrong. I uploaded the "origin" folder from Clover.

Also, I've already deleted the theme folder in the uploaded EFI.

Attachments

• origin.zip
    39.2 KB · Views: 86
I'm very sorry, I thought the dsdt and ssdt extracted form AIDA64 are just the same as the dsdt and ssdt extracted by Clover - F4 . However I've just tried and it seemed that I was wrong. I uploaded the "origin" folder from Clover.

Also, I've already deleted the theme folder in the uploaded EFI.

ACPI is not patched correctly. Based on ACPI/origin, you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (from ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-8.aml
SSDT-9.aml

ACPI is not patched correctly. Based on ACPI/origin, you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (from ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-8.aml
SSDT-9.aml

So I should put these files into ACPI/patched. Is that all?

So I should put these files into ACPI/patched. Is that all?

They must be patched correctly to accomplish the goal. Read post #1.

I've got one error in SSDT-2 that I cannot fix. Could you see it?

Very common...

Apply "Remove _PSS placeholders".

Back