Contribute
Register

[Guide] Disabling discrete graphics in dual-GPU laptops

I edited call _DOFF -> DSDT error,

FYI: The method is named DOFF not _DOFF (_DOFF can't be used as it is 5 characters... ACPI names are limited to 4).

FYI: The method is named DOFF not _DOFF (_DOFF can't be used as it is 5 characters... ACPI names are limited to 4).
Thanks for letting me know. There are probably many problems I need with your help :p

As per guide, DropOem must be set true with patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched.
You have it set false.
I didn't check anything else, due to this obvious mistake.

Hi Rehabman you are a genius. Thank you! I am able to boot into macOS now! I didn't dropOem as one of your guide (power management) mentioned not to drop except for older laptops hence I didn't drop. Is it possible to help me check that the Nvidia is fully disabled? Attached is IOReg, Clover, Kext Output and Download/Rehabman for your perusal. Thanks!!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 121
  • RehabMan.zip
    63.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Sen’s MacBook Pro.zip
    744.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 2.35.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 2.35.52 AM.png
    189.6 KB · Views: 108
Hi Rehabman you are a genius. Thank you! I am able to boot into macOS now! I didn't dropOem as one of your guide (power management) mentioned not to drop except for older laptops hence I didn't drop. Is it possible to help me check that the Nvidia is fully disabled? Attached is IOReg, Clover, Kext Output and Download/Rehabman for your perusal. Thanks!!

The ioreg shows it is disabled (no PEGP node under RP01).

Hi Rehabman thank you very much for your help!!

Hi sen17,
Did you success about the Disable discrete graphics, if you success can you share your DSDT and SSDT file becouse I have comp. like yours.

Hi sen17,
Did you success about the Disable discrete graphics, if you success can you share your DSDT and SSDT file becouse I have comp. like yours.

Bad idea to use ACPI files from another computer.
Patch your own.

Back