Contribute
Register

[Guide] Disabling discrete graphics in dual-GPU laptops

Nothing that I mentioned in post #1307 is fixed.
Look at your Clover bootlog and you'll see.
Asked you about this really long time ago, so I'm sure that you doesn't remember about my problem. I fixed sorted order this time, but Nvidia still does not disabled.

Attachments

• All stuff 3.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 105
Asked you about this really long time ago, so I'm sure that you doesn't remember about my problem. I fixed sorted order this time, but Nvidia still does not disabled.

Your ACPI/patched files do not disassemble.
You will see if you try: iasl -da -dl *.aml
Result:
Code:
ACPI Error: [XDSM] Namespace lookup failure, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20170831/dswload-498)
ACPI Exception: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20170831/psobject-371)
Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

It appears you applied the _DSM->XDSM rename patch to files *after* you applied patches that added _DSM methods, which of course, is wrong.

As per guide, _DSM->XDSM must be one of the first patches you apply... before any other patches that add _DSM methods.

Your ACPI/patched files do not disassemble.
You will see if you try: iasl -da -dl *.aml
Result:
Code:
ACPI Error: [XDSM] Namespace lookup failure, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20170831/dswload-498)
ACPI Exception: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20170831/psobject-371)
Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

It appears you applied the _DSM->XDSM rename patch to files *after* you applied patches that added _DSM methods, which of course, is wrong.

As per guide, _DSM->XDSM must be one of the first patches you apply... before any other patches that add _DSM methods.
Jesus, I love u Rehab, fixed errors in SSDT-6 and now everything is working! Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi RehabMan
I followed the guide but NVIDIA is still listed under Graphics/Display. Can you please tell me how to fix it.

Attachments

• Upload.zip
    126.3 KB · Views: 72
Hi RehabMan
I followed the guide but NVIDIA is still listed under Graphics/Display. Can you please tell me how to fix it.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Sorry

Attachments

• Upload.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 72
Shall I remove the dynamic SSDTs or move them somewhere else or what?

Shall I remove the dynamic SSDTs or move them somewhere else or what?

Remove them from ACPI/patched. They never should have been there in the first place.

Back