Contribute
Register

[Guide] Disabling discrete graphics in dual-GPU laptops

Just having a little trouble knowing where to put what. My plan:
1. Call _OFF method (\_SB.PCIO.PEG0.PEGP._OFF)/SSDT-14 into _INI (\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._INI)/SSDT-2
*Note - _INI shows that it accesses EC, don't know if this is a problem.
_OFF method (\_SB.PCIO.PEG0.PEGP._OFF)/SSDT-14 references to (\_SB.PCI0.PGOF)/SSDT-2 which seems to access the EC.
2. Edit out (\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.VPON) (Is this where I should edit out this line?)
3. Add (\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.VPON) to _REG in DSDT
Maybe someone could give a little help to clarify.

Attachments

• disablenvidia.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 93
Just having a little trouble knowing where to put what. My plan:
1. Call _OFF method (\_SB.PCIO.PEG0.PEGP._OFF)/SSDT-14 into _INI (\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._INI)/SSDT-2
*Note - _INI shows that it accesses EC, don't know if this is a problem.
_OFF method (\_SB.PCIO.PEG0.PEGP._OFF)/SSDT-14 references to (\_SB.PCI0.PGOF)/SSDT-2 which seems to access the EC.
2. Edit out (\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.VPON) (Is this where I should edit out this line?)
3. Add (\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.VPON) to _REG in DSDT
Maybe someone could give a little help to clarify.

No files in ACPI/origin. No advice possible.

oops...
-updated with ACPI/origin

Attachments

• disablenvidia.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 95
oops...
-updated with ACPI/origin

Nothing unusual here. _OFF is in SSDT-14. Calls PGOF. No EC references in either.
The associated _INI is in SSDT-2. You can call _OFF from the end of _INI.

Awesome, no more Nvidia.
Thanks.

Just having trouble with playing video/audio online either through safari or chrome.
With the Nvidia card disabled, BEFORE sleep, everything works fine. It is AFTER waking up from sleep that nothing seems to load at all. Can't seem to figure out the problem.

Attachments

• Reporting.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 81
Just having trouble with playing video/audio online either through safari or chrome.
With the Nvidia card disabled, BEFORE sleep, everything works fine. It is AFTER waking up from sleep that nothing seems to load at all. Can't seem to figure out the problem.

The files in ACPI/origin look tampered with (names changed)... and they are several days old.

Please delete all files from ACPI/origin. Then boot to Clover. Press F4. Re-capture EFI/Clover after booting into the system.

Here are some fresh ones.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 90
Here are some fresh ones.

Comments:
SSDT-0 is missing from ACPI/patched
ACPI is not patched correctly (no evidence of any "OS Check Fix" patch for example).

On my laptop I found \_SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP._OFF and \_SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP.HGOF
I want to turn the discrete amd card off from linux with an ACPI call but I don't know which one of the two.
I noticed that when I call one or the other the laptop fan starts spinning really fast.
Any idea of what to do?

Last edited:
Back