Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Ventura OpenCore

Ah that's bad news. I looked this up and what you said seems accurate about dropping Broadcom support.

I do have a spare AX210 but everything is working so well with my DW1830 that I might stay on Ventura for the time being. I also got Facetime and iMessage working, so I'm in no hurry to alter my SMBIOS and risk having more issues.

OpenIntelWireless does seem to have made good progress though and it seems that AirportItlwm.kext should allow some Continuity features at the expense of some extra configuration at first.

But it's great to know that Sonoma is working at least - thank you for sharing.

The preliminary patches to patch Broadcom support back into Sonoma require root paching via OCLP, which breaks Delta updates. Not the end of the world, but an annoyance for sure. I may be keeping this machine on Ventura for the foreseeable future, considering it works so well as is.

Can someone help with with getting the bluetooth working? I have the same setup as the OP and used the EFI that was also provided but the Bluetooth is not showing up. Wifi works without any issues.

Edit: Found the post from the page before and was able to fix the bluetooth issue. Not sure how I missed if after searching through the other day. Guess I was looking to hard.

On a side note. Is it safe to update to 13.5.2?

Last edited:
Hi there!

Thank you so much for this guide. Fantastic stuff. Haven't done a Hackintosh in a long time and this OpenCore solution with pre setup from you was a breeze!

I have two questions.

1. I have successfully disabled CFG lock using the grubshell and the voltageshift kext is in place. I am running bios 1.23.1 and sadly cant downgrade. What I'd like to know is what do I need to do with regards to undervolting. With the kexts in place, do I need to a) unlock undervolting or b) unlock undervolting AND set the undervolts manually?

2. I have an "unknown card type" icon in the apple "taskbar" or whatever it's called. Is this just my original wifi card that is in the machine or is it something else? (I have the dw1560 arriving tomorrow)

Thanks so much!

Hi there!

Thank you so much for this guide. Fantastic stuff. Haven't done a Hackintosh in a long time and this OpenCore solution with pre setup from you was a breeze!

I have two questions.

1. I have successfully disabled CFG lock using the grubshell and the voltageshift kext is in place. I am running bios 1.23.1 and sadly cant downgrade. What I'd like to know is what do I need to do with regards to undervolting. With the kexts in place, do I need to a) unlock undervolting or b) unlock undervolting AND set the undervolts manually?

2. I have an "unknown card type" icon in the apple "taskbar" or whatever it's called. Is this just my original wifi card that is in the machine or is it something else? (I have the dw1560 arriving tomorrow)

Thanks so much!

Regarding question #1 -

There are additional variables you can set using grubshell that will "re-unlock" undervolting on your BIOS. While I have not done this myself, as I am on older BIOS, this appears to work, and should allow you to use Voltageshift without manually setting the undervolts in grubshell.

Regarding question #2 -

This is cosmetic, as it comes from the current Thunderbolt implementation. You can safely ignore it.

~~~

For others -

I'll be keeping this machine on Ventura indefinitely, or at least until OCLP patches mature a bit for Broadcom Bluetooth & WiFi. As I've said before, this is my daily driver laptop, and I value the stability over new features. This will still receive an updated bootpack in the coming weeks, and I'll continue to update this thread for the foreseeable future.

InsaneCultist .Thank you for this guide. I'm working on Hackintosh with your OpenCore solution, pre setup from you for long time with no problems!
I believe , if you can make Dell XPS 15 9560 (i7-7700HQ, FHD) run today with Sonoma, is the time to do it before loose the tide, as this is old machine, and easily can be forgotten by hackers. I think that is easier today than tomorrow, thank you again so much!

InsaneCultist .Thank you for this guide. I'm working on Hackintosh with your OpenCore solution, pre setup from you for long time with no problems!
I believe , if you can make Dell XPS 15 9560 (i7-7700HQ, FHD) run today with Sonoma, is the time to do it before loose the tide, as this is old machine, and easily can be forgotten by hackers. I think that is easier today than tomorrow, thank you again so much!
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

i update my info as requested, i hope is the right details
Y

Success upgrading from Ventura to MacOS Sonoma on my Dell XPS 9560!
How: keep the same EFI being used for Ventura and OpenCore (I'm at OC 9.4DEV). Just change the SMBIOS from MacBookPro14,3 to MacBookPro15,1 using the GenSMBIOS tool to change the appropriate MLB, SystemSerialNumber, and SystemUUID to the new MacBookPro15,1 type. I have the Intel AX210 wifi/BT card, using the itlwm kext methodfrom Dortania which gives working wifi under Sonoma. Sonoma breaks the Broadcom Wifi from working.
Hi there, can you help me , if you can to upgrade my xps to sonoma
I hope that is working well

how did you do it? I hope that is working well

Back