Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Big Sur OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALRIGHT! I was nearing giving up helping you lol
Can you check if your display is running @ 60hz, other people have gotten it to work but only with 48hz
To check and change goto System pref/displays/ option + Scaled/check Show low resolution mode
Disable CSM is a good idea for most hacks, I do recommend that.

Yes, it's 48hz. Weird. No way around that to get it to 60?
Not seeing the CSM option - in the config.plist?

Last edited:
20201211_185627.jpg

Getting stuck here all the time, if i do boot in then i have no IGPU accelerator. Dell 7567 with i7 7700hq intel hd 630 + nvid 1050 ti. i have dGPU disabled. I have tried everything and the gpu just won't get drivers installed

Yes, it's 48hz. Weird. No way around that to get it to 60?
Not that I have seen as I researched to make that config for you this is a pretty common thing and no-one has figured it. If you want to do testing, I do have some ideas. I'm pretty confident we can figure this out over time. Got some stuff to do maybe in a few hours I'll post some test configs.

Wanted to clear up one thing, so to install you had to remove the framebuffer completely? I wonder with the patched edid it would have went through. Maybe that was @saschabo had same issue, buddy check the config a pages back I posted that worked for Zacharybinx34.

View attachment 500719

Getting stuck here all the time, if i do boot in then i have no IGPU accelerator. Dell 7567 with i7 7700hq intel hd 630 + nvid 1050 ti. i have dGPU disabled. I have tried everything and the gpu just won't get drivers installed
Graphics issue

make sure to do the Modding your UEFI section

Everything is modded

Everything is modded

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Not that I have seen as I researched to make that config for you this is a pretty common thing and no-one has figured it. If you want to do testing, I do have some ideas. I'm pretty confident we can figure this out over time. Got some stuff to do maybe in a few hours I'll post some test configs.

Wanted to clear up one thing, so to install you had to remove the framebuffer completely? I wonder with the patched edid it would have went through. Maybe that was @saschabo had same issue, buddy check the config a pages back I posted that worked for Zacharybinx34.

Yeah, I'm down for testing for sure!

As far as disabling CSM, where would you recommend I do that?

20201211_202609.jpg

iGPU driver not working, past 4 days tried everything. I think maybe i put wrong framebuffer? if it does work like when it says 3D driver assigned etc then it gets stuck.

@theace9 Did you try the 4k config? Notice you don't actually have an XPS... I doubt your UEFI Mod switches would be the exact same, you need to be careful there. Our XPS already in BIOS has 64MB for video memory set(DVMT), so whatevergreen framebuffer patches align. I have no idea about your laptop if it's set at 32MB it won't work.

This is for my laptop 0x02 = 64MB, 0x01 would be 32. Again no idea about yours and my warning remains the same. You should really dump your own laptop bios to make sure you are not changing random things around.
Code:
DVMT Pre-Allocated 0x795 0x02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back