Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Big Sur OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently you can also use cmd + v (like on a real mac), however that didn't work for me.
So I added the flag in my boot-flags (see attachment).

I also got stuck @ initial boot stage, but setting the UEFI variables properly resolved the problem for me.
So I'd strongly suggest checking for your cfg lock flag (as described above)

Attachments

• config.plist.png
    config.plist.png
    244.7 KB · Views: 185
Using the Internal Microphone (e.g. in M$ Teams) seems to be randomly freezing the system :/

Im getting a "BuildActDeviceEntry exit" when I verbose boot. Any idea what that is about?

(btw, to the person who said OpenCore had no verbose function: press left alt + v on the selector and the next boot, if supported, will be verbose)

So I had my XPS working GREAT following this guide! everything was working except keyboard brightness keys to change display brightness (keyboard brightness was working) no biggie.

HOWEVER while opening APP store i lost wifi connection!! and can't get it back. I also lost wifi connectivity on my Windows OS! (i'm dual booting).

This problem started soon AFTER I successfully followed these few things in this guide:

1. disabled CFG_LOCK
2. installed custom CPUFriendDataProvider.kext
3. installed fakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_intlel_HDMI_AUDIO.kext
4. installed combojack installer.

I rebooted after each step I listed above and everything was going great. It was right after testing the combojack (which was working perftectly!!) did i lose wifi connectivity.

My WIFI card is DW1560. Bluetooth seems to b3 working. I also tried reinstalling the original intel wifi card that came with it and still no good for both windows and mac boot.

So my question is, is it possible that the combo jack testing i was doing or any of the other above steps may have affected my WIFI badly??

Im getting a "BuildActDeviceEntry exit" when I verbose boot. Any idea what that is about?

(btw, to the person who said OpenCore had no verbose function: press left alt + v on the selector and the next boot, if supported, will be verbose)
you're getting that likely because you broke your config.plist
Using the Internal Microphone (e.g. in M$ Teams) seems to be randomly freezing the system :/
This is interesting, I never use my microphone or ms teams. Can you test with another software? Maybe just a MS Teams issue which wouldn't surprise me. What do you mean by freezing? Does it kernel panic? Can you view the log during the freeze?
So I had my XPS working GREAT following this guide! everything was working except keyboard brightness keys to change display brightness (keyboard brightness was working) no biggie.

HOWEVER while opening APP store i lost wifi connection!! and can't get it back. I also lost wifi connectivity on my Windows OS! (i'm dual booting).

This problem started soon AFTER I successfully followed these few things in this guide:

1. disabled CFG_LOCK
2. installed custom CPUFriendDataProvider.kext
3. installed fakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_intlel_HDMI_AUDIO.kext
4. installed combojack installer.

I rebooted after each step I listed above and everything was going great. It was right after testing the combojack (which was working perftectly!!) did i lose wifi connectivity.

My WIFI card is DW1560. Bluetooth seems to b3 working. I also tried reinstalling the original intel wifi card that came with it and still no good for both windows and mac boot.

So my question is, is it possible that the combo jack testing i was doing or any of the other above steps may have affected my WIFI badly??
I cannot imagine installing combojack breaking anything related to your Wifi. Try just using my EFI as is with only replacing the SMBIOS information from whatever you have now. I list the necessary SMBIOS information necessary in the guide.

I cannot imagine installing combojack breaking anything related to your Wifi. Try just using my EFI as is with only replacing the SMBIOS information from whatever you have now. I list the necessary SMBIOS information necessary in the guideok
ok. how about a CPUFriendDataProvider.kext? i chose the 800 ghz Low frequency mode. soon after i lost wifi connectivity. I since undid all of it but still no wifi. my windows wifi works now however with the stock intel wifi card. but my DW1560 is still a no go. thanks!

arghh. ok it was my BIOS setting! some how wireless lan switch settings was turned on which I DID NOT DO. could disabling cfg_unlock somehow tweak bios settings? sorry for the trouble. but wifi is back :banghead::thumbup:

Hey so I tried to follow your kind instructions but neither did I get a verbose output nor did I get past the boot screen. Could anyone send me their working EFI? I am really not experienced with OC, but I would love to finally get to try out Big Sur on a touch screen Dell.

Hey so I tried to follow your kind instructions but neither did I get a verbose output nor did I get past the boot screen. Could anyone send me their working EFI? I am really not experienced with OC, but I would love to finally get to try out Big Sur on a touch screen Dell.
the one from post 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back