Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you have to apply the BrcmPatch and BrcmFirmware, or did you bluetooth just work right?
Im still playing with that trying to get handoff\continuity working right on this Precision. I can pair the apple mouse and my iPhone but the iPhone doesn't stay connected.

I followed Rehabman's suggestions, BrcmPatchRAM2+BrcmFirmwareRepo in /s/l/e after installing the kexts with kext wizard and fixed permissions i rebooted and my wifi and bluetooth worked. I'm using a DW1560 card. Haven't used continuity or an iPhone so I can't comment on that. My apple keyboard and Logitech bluetooth mouse are connected and working great. They are also staying connected with no problem.

Did you have to apply the BrcmPatch and BrcmFirmware, or did you bluetooth just work right?
Im still playing with that trying to get handoff\continuity working right on this Precision. I can pair the apple mouse and my iPhone but the iPhone doesn't stay connected.

The iPhone is not intended to be paired (it uses BT4LE). You would notice the same result on a real Mac.

The sound works fine but I always hear a pop\crackle in the audio immediately before something plays, is that correctable? Does anyone else experience that?

So, i've got this response on "./XPS9530.sh --patch-iokit" command
MacBook-Pro:XPS9530 tenebrae$ ./XPS9530.sh --patch-iokit
[IOKit]: Patching IOKit for maximum pixel clock
[IOKit]: Current IOKit md5 is 3cec8ae287ee52a3622082bfc049bb86
--> Unknown IOKit version (no action taken)

El Capitan image was taken from app store. It's first usage of this command on that installation (I've install El Capitan second time with same result). Any suggestions?

So, i've got this response on "./XPS9530.sh --patch-iokit" command

El Capitan image was taken from app store. It's first usage of this command on that installation (I've install El Capitan second time with same result). Any suggestions?

You need to apply the patch manually. Script not updated for 10.11.3.

It has been mentioned many times in this thread.

You need to apply the patch manually. Script not updated for 10.11.3.

It has been mentioned many times in this thread.

Sorry, my bad. I'll try it asap

Same patch as for 10.11.2. Read the script... it is obvious...

So, i guess i've made a mistake :) I decided to do another reinstall of OS X and now i have another problem - no WiFi (BCM94352Z, what worked perfectly last time). So, obviosly, i can't use script correctly. Another reinstalletion was the same - no wifi here... I'm appologize for being so dumb, but i need help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back