Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you have it going...

Hopefully now you understand the importance of following the instructions as written.

I do and but not that I have been doing this long but

you should include that –update you need to get wifi /comms working and also boot without caches need to be included into the guide

I do and but not that I have been doing this long but

you should include that –update you need to get wifi /comms working and also boot without caches need to be included into the guide

I read post #1 and it includes specific instructions for 'git clone' and --update.

For WiFi, I think the-darkvoid didn't want to assume which WiFi solution would be used. BCM94352 is the best, but there are other possible solutions too. All covered in the FAQ.

As far as details regarding boot without caches and rebuild cache, that should be in the guide and maybe the-darkvoid will add it. It is his guide...

I have everything working on my xps 15 9530 with el capitan 10.11.3 thanks to your amazing guide except for graphics. I have no idea how to go about fixing it. I was wondering if you could give me a little guidance. The problem is when I try to patch IOKIT with the git hub it gives me an unknown version error and won't patch. I'm wondering if this is because of 10.11.3 being different? I found the information in the thread that said how to manually patch it so I did that. It works with acceleration on external and internal monitor except when I unplug the external monitor. When I do that the internal monitor goes black and flickers every once in a while if move the mouse around but will not stay on. I have the dvm pre alloc graphics set to 128mb and followed the guide to a T. Do you know what I need to change. I'm wondering if the frame buffer for IOKIT didn't get patched when I manually patched it? I tried booting without caches and rebuilding caches multiple times with no effect.

I have everything working on my xps 15 9530 with el capitan 10.11.3 thanks to your amazing guide except for graphics. I have no idea how to go about fixing it. I was wondering if you could give me a little guidance. The problem is when I try to patch IOKIT with the git hub it gives me an unknown version error and won't patch. I'm wondering if this is because of 10.11.3 being different? I found the information in the thread that said how to manually patch it so I did that. It works with acceleration on external and internal monitor except when I unplug the external monitor. When I do that the internal monitor goes black and flickers every once in a while if move the mouse around but will not stay on. I have the dvm pre alloc graphics set to 128mb and followed the guide to a T. Do you know what I need to change. I'm wondering if the frame buffer for IOKIT didn't get patched when I manually patched it? I tried booting without caches and rebuilding caches multiple times with no effect.

The IOKit patch must be applied manually for 10.11.3. Same commands as in the script. The script has not been updated for the new md5 of 10.11.3 IOKit.

I patched it manually maybe I missed something? Any Idea why I'm getting flickering and black screen when the external monitor is unplugged?

I had something similar. I was getting acceleration on the external monitor and it was detecting both displays in System Preferences. I had to lower the scaling a notch for the internal panel to become stable.

Thanks for the reply. I tried lowering the scaling but no matter what I change it to, as soon as I login the screen goes black and flickers until i plug in the external monitor. Any Idea what you changed it to?

If you change the brightness using the keyboard does it make the flickering kick-in enough where you can see the screen?

I patched it manually maybe I missed something? Any Idea why I'm getting flickering and black screen when the external monitor is unplugged?

Did you boot without caches and rebuild cache?

I did boot without caches and rebuild cache multiple times. Holding down the brightness on the keyboard I was able to see it long enough to change the display scaling. I then rebuilt the cache again and rebooted and it worked. I'm afraid to plug my external monitor again now that I got the internal one working without flickering. Thanks for your help I'll post again if I have any other problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back