Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 using Clover EFI

Hi,

I've installed this build and everything is working but I'm experiencing slow performance when using the BCM94352Z card in OSX - File transfers over the network are extremely slow and Internet connections speeds tops off at around 11mbps. Anyone else getting similar results?

Hi,

I've installed this build and everything is working but I'm experiencing slow performance when using the BCM94352Z card in OSX - File transfers over the network are extremely slow and Internet connections speeds tops off at around 11mbps. Anyone else getting similar results?

Did you disable "wake on wireless" in SysPrefs->Energy Saver?

Thanks for the tip RehabMan, this has improved the performance after waking but I still have Overall slow performance with WiFi

Thanks for the tip RehabMan, this has improved the performance after waking but I still have Overall slow performance with WiFi

Depends on what you mean by "overall slow"...

Could be installation issue (antennas), router issue, ISP issue, or environmental issue.

I've ruled out an Router or ISP issue, what I will do is go into Windows and see if I have the same issue there. That would then point to a installation issue.

EDIT:

Looks like I didn't rule out an ISP issue, went into windows and had the same problem - restarted router, now AOK. Sorry for the school boy error! :banghead:

I've got the same card on my m3800 build had same problems but resolved it by swapping my attenna around, nowxif i can get my Bluetooth to discover devices that will perfect - tried the rehabmans bt kexts but can just turn BT on and off no airdrop no hand off -I'm at a loss on what else I'm missing?

[SUB]@ the-darkvoid, once again, thx for your great work.
everything works fine but:

slow wifi after sleep as described in this topic (not mine but the same problem) http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...70-bcm4352-wifi-failure-after-wake-sleep.html

yestarday, I found that my headphone jack stopped work. even when I restarded laptop and choose windows, It didn't work
the only solution was turn off laptop (windows ok, el capitan still doesn't work)
so I used my carbon copy from acronis , and recovery el capitan and it's ok. Does anyone has that problem?[/SUB]

Disable "wake on wireless" from SysPrefs->Energy Saver.

thanks, that resolved my wifi problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back