Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please add screen resolution to your profile (in "Graphics").

Unfortunately, that did not the trick. Is there anything else I can do to get on 1920x1080 without screen flickering? All my configuration seems in order as I followed the guide in post #1.

Here is my current config.plist:View attachment 186278

Do I need some other injection or some other configuration to get 1920x1080 or the native one?

Unfortunately, that did not the trick.

Not sure what you're referring to "that"?

Your profile still does not contain your screen resolution.

Not sure what you're referring to "that"?

Your profile still does not contain your screen resolution.

I am sorry. I included it now in my profile.

I am sorry. I included it now in my profile.

I'm pretty sure that the-darkvoid's computer was less than UHD (eg. not 3200x1600).

You may have additional tweaks to make...

Try setting a custom resolution with refresh rate less than 60Hz (eg. 59). You can use SwitchResX.

I'm pretty sure that the-darkvoid's computer was less than UHD (eg. not 3200x1600).

You may have additional tweaks to make...

Try setting a custom resolution with refresh rate less than 60Hz (eg. 59). You can use SwitchResX.

Just tweaking the refresh rate or different styles will not change this. I have to see what is the right patch for UHD since nobody is mention UHD yet in this topic. Thanks for the support so far.

Just tweaking the refresh rate or different styles will not change this.

Did you try?

Do you have legacy boot/CSM enabled in BIOS?

I have to see what is the right patch for UHD since nobody is mention UHD yet in this topic. Thanks for the support so far.

I think the right patch is in the config.plist here...

Although there are reports that sometimes a larger DVMT-prealloc and matching patch can help.

Yes. I am back to 1600x900 for now.

No, I mean changing the refresh rate for 3200x1600 in SwitchResX.

Both no, I do not know what CSM means?

CSM = Compatibility Support Module. Often bundled with legacy boot. CSM tends to help with graphics issues, hence generally recommended to enable it even if you're booting UEFI.

Do I need to do the F4 and then inject them into EFI clover?

Nothing to do with ACPI.

Maybe you neglected to set DVMT-prealloc to 128mb as required by this guide?

No, I mean changing the refresh rate for 3200x1600 in SwitchResX.
Yes, I tried everything. I even tried some other suggested settings on this forum.

CSM = Compatibility Support Module. Often bundled with legacy boot. CSM tends to help with graphics issues, hence generally recommended to enable it even if you're booting UEFI.
I enabled that and rebooted without Caches.

Maybe you neglected to set DVMT-prealloc to 128mb as required by this guide?
I checked in the BIOS. It is 128. I'll go ahead and increase that to 256mb.

I enabled that and rebooted without Caches.

No need to boot without caches when changing that option, although it might be a good idea to re-extact/re-patch ACPI.

I checked in the BIOS. It is 128. I'll go ahead and increase that to 256mb.

Are you sure you're looking at DVMT-prealloc? Usually the setting doesn't jump from 128 to 256.

Note that if you change it, a matching framebuffer patch in your config.plist is required.

Also, keep in mind that changing BIOS options like that require re-extract/re-patch ACPI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back