Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 using Clover EFI

The DMVT pre-allocated size is indeed 128MB, I have now updated the 1st post to reflect this more clearly (including the BIOS DVMT settings).

Also I just now updated the USB configuration with a USB port injector USBXHCI-XPS9530.kext.

I've noticed its either possible to run with XHCI / EHCI (SSPx and EHCx) configuration or with XHCI (HSxx and SSPx)

Currently its running with XHCI only which works across sleep cycles. Although it does seem the Webcam does not come back from sleep successfully.

I've noticed its either possible to run with XHCI / EHCI (SSPx and EHCx) configuration or with XHCI (HSxx and SSPx)

Same as on my u430 (with port injector). XHC/EH01 with FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, XHC only without.

Notice that with XHCIMux, "instant wake" is a problem without _PRW patch. Without XHCIMux (XHC only), no instant wake without _PRW patch.

Okay, i updated to the latest XPS9530-OSX.git version, changed DVMT-Pre-Allocated size to 128MB, re-dumped ACPI tables, run again the dsdt-patch scripts and copied them into the "patched" EFI Folder on the EFI-Partition. Copied also complete dark-voids clover folder in to my EFI/Clover folder.

But accelerated graphics still won't work (OS X freezes during boot), only with intel injection disabled OS X boots up to the desktop.

Any further ideas what to check or change next?

BTW: Is it possible also fix this dead link (its dead for month) from post #1 ?

Another issue is the touchscreen.

If i try to install this driver (which worked under yosemite):

Touch Screen

The touch screen can be enabled with drivers from touchbase.com, the evaluation version of those drivers can be downloaded here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13972199/XPS-9530/Touchscreen/updd.dmg

installation fails with an error. Install log shows following error:
"Reason: unsafe use of relative path libACE.dylib in libTBApic.dylib with restricted path".

I had to patch the config.plist by changing the "CsrActiveConfig" to 0x67 and added also "BooterConfig" with value 0x28 (i found this keys in another thread here in the forum regarding issues with the new El Capitan introduced security mechanisms).

With this changes, setup runs without error message, but touch-functionality on the display is still not working (even not after rebooting the system).

Any ideas regarding this issues?

Okay, i updated to the latest XPS9530-OSX.git version, changed DVMT-Pre-Allocated size to 128MB, re-dumped ACPI tables, run again the dsdt-patch scripts and copied them into the "patched" EFI Folder on the EFI-Partition. Copied also complete dark-voids clover folder in to my EFI/Clover folder.

But accelerated graphics still won't work (OS X freezes during boot), only with intel injection disabled OS X boots up to the desktop.

Any further ideas what to check or change next?

Boot without caches, then rebuild cache. Clover can only patch kexts that are in kernel cache.

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

I had to patch the config.plist by changing the "CsrActiveConfig" to 0x67 and added also "BooterConfig" with value 0x28 (i found this keys in another thread here in the forum regarding issues with the new El Capitan introduced security mechanisms).

These settings are already in the config.plist linked above and in the-darkvoid's repo.

Required for accelerated graphics is:
  • DVMT to 128MB
  • IOKit patch applied
  • ACPI dumped and patched matching the BIOS configuration of 128 MB
  • Kext cache rebuild

Will do so

Another issue is the touchscreen.

The driver manufacturer has not released an El Capitan compatible driver as of yet. I don't believe its worthwhile to implement a work around until they do (Usefulness of the touchscreen in OS X is limited)

Hi, darkvoid. I've just tried your USB3 injector, works great as Rehabman's great post. Thanks a lot.

But, I saw you remove BrcmPatchRAM.kext in your clover/kexts/10.11, do your Bluetooth work as ever? I have to place BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext in clover/kexts/10.11 to make it work.

And, can you show your ME firmware version? ( a hibernation problems maybe relate to this )

Hi, darkvoid. I've just tried your USB3 injector, works great as Rehabman's great post. Thanks a lot.

But, I saw you remove BrcmPatchRAM.kext in your clover/kexts/10.11, do your Bluetooth work as ever? I have to place BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext in clover/kexts/10.11 to make it work.

And, can you show your ME firmware version? ( a hibernation problems maybe relate to this )

BrcmPatchRAM2+BrcmFirmwareRepo in /s/l/e.

"I had to patch the config.plist by changing the "CsrActiveConfig" to 0x67 and added also "BooterConfig" with value 0x28 (i found this keys in another thread here in the forum regarding issues with the new El Capitan introduced security mechanisms)."

These settings are already in the config.plist linked above and in the-darkvoid's repo.

Really, where? I am using the config.plist, which comes from here:
https://github.com/the-darkvoid/XPS9530-OSX.git
If i look in config.plist file (link to git-hub: config.plist) in line 310-314 i see only this entry for CsrActiveConfig:

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x03</string>

So please clarify, if there is more the this config.plist file available in the dark-void repository which contains more necessary changes? If so, i would also recommend to add this important information and the path to this file into the how-to steps of post #1.

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x03</string>

0x03 allows only unsigned kexts. If you make use of /L/E for any non-injectable kexts this works fine.

I have AppleHDA_ALC668, BrcmPatchRAM, BrcmFirmwareRepor & CodecCommander in /L/E.
(For El Capitan I believe its better to use /L/E since its not blocked by rootless mode)

Firmware version of what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back