Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
First: Why does windows fail to boot when I enable AHCI? Is there a way around this besides switching from RAID every time I boot? I'd like to eventually dual boot Windows 10 and macOS.

Re-install Windows with AHCI mode.
(or use google to find a guide for the required registry edits).

Second: Should I use the-darkvoid's GitHub repo or should I compile my own CLOVER directory? The GitHub repo entices me because it works with the latest BIOS and macOS version. However, their is a lack of documentation on how to install the files onto a Clover bootloader. Do I just copy all the files over? Is there anything I need to configure?

Your choice.

Your profile is missing important details. Please review the request in the FAQ carefully.
And, as per FAQ, Clover must be attached as ZIP, not RAR.

HI,

File is now a ZIP.
Profile adder my computer res + Bootloader.

is this ok now?

Hello everyone, I've seen that on darkvoid's GitHub page there's the dsdt file to hotpatch usb c hot plug. I've tried but I can't reach the correct result. As far as I've understood, I had to compile the .dsl file provided (SSDT-YTBT.dsl) then save it with maciASL in .aml (file->save as->ACPI Machine Language Binary), move it into /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched and configure it into clover's config.plist

However, when I boot the system up the device is recognised (cold plug) but if i remove the usb c device and connect it again it won't be recognised.

Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance for the help

Attachments

• EFI Zarkstar.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 108
Hello,

Meybe you can help me my install is stack. Attached are the debug.

I hed my install usb for 9550, i got a 9360 now.

Xps 13 i7-7660u
16gb
512 gb ssd
Qhd screen

Replaced clover and boot folder on my usb with darkviod folders.

Any ideas?

Edit: CC @the-darkvoid

You will need to provide a better photo of the panic (eg. before the important data scrolls off-screen).

May be DVMT-prealloc issue...

Hello everyone, I've seen that on darkvoid's GitHub page there's the dsdt file to hotpatch usb c hot plug. I've tried but I can't reach the correct result. As far as I've understood, I had to compile the .dsl file provided (SSDT-YTBT.dsl) then save it with maciASL in .aml (file->save as->ACPI Machine Language Binary), move it into /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched and configure it into clover's config.plist

However, when I boot the system up the device is recognised (cold plug) but if i remove the usb c device and connect it again it won't be recognised.

It is the typical Thunderbolt problems. No full solution for TB that I know of.

I do believe that is normal at this time. I'm using the same patch with the same results.

I am wondering how about the screen on time you guys got on 8 gen version.
I only got 5~6 hours screen on time in my case.(8250u with darkviod's clover).

You will need to provide a better photo of the panic (eg. before the important data scrolls off-screen).

May be DVMT-prealloc issue...

Yes it is, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back