Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
A note on the VoodooI2C drivers, make sure that you remove all the other i2c kexts from S/L/E which may be conflicting. I had to remove AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext and AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext to get it working.

Also, @the-darkvoid , have you tried compiling VoodooI2C from the native branch? It has almost all the gestures working including zoom and 2f horizontal swipes.

A note on the VoodooI2C drivers, make sure that you remove all the other i2c kexts from S/L/E which may be conflicting. I had to remove AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext and AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext to get it working.

Also, @the-darkvoid , have you tried compiling VoodooI2C from the native branch? It has almost all the gestures working including zoom and 2f horizontal swipes.

Never needed to remove/block any other I2C kexts in my case. Are you sure you've set it up correctly?
2f horizontal/vertical swipes have always worked well with this driver, it's usually the more esoteric ones that are missing. Oh, and palm detect...

Never needed to remove/block any other I2C kexts in my case. Are you sure you've set it up correctly?
2f horizontal/vertical swipes have always worked well with this driver, it's usually the more esoteric ones that are missing. Oh, and palm detect...

I tried both your and darkvoid's clover setup and the latest binaries wont work without removing the I2C kexts (Although their latest release works just fine without removing anything). I was referring to scrolling/ swiping left and right in safari/chrome to navigate back and forth between pages. That works too?

Ah, no. Swiping left/right in Chrome doesn't, unlike my MacBook. That said, until native multitouch is supported I'm sure you could implement a shortcut in VoodooPS2 Keyboard (or SizeUp, which is my preferred option).

Ah, no. Swiping left/right in Chrome doesn't, unlike my MacBook. That said, until native multitouch is supported I'm sure you could implement a shortcut in VoodooPS2 Keyboard (or SizeUp, which is my preferred option).
Its already implemented in I2C native branch ...

Last edited:
Ok... looks like I'll need to have a play with it to port it across. Will try and have a look this weekend...

I tried both your and darkvoid's clover setup and the latest binaries wont work without removing the I2C kexts (Although their latest release works just fine without removing anything). I was referring to scrolling/ swiping left and right in safari/chrome to navigate back and forth between pages. That works too?

I didn't have any such issue. Worked fine without any changes to Apple kexts. I will take a look at the native branch as you suggested.

The native branch is a developmental branch and is not suited for nor intended for use.

Thanks for dropping by Alexandre!
I'll stick to the master branch. Are you near to releasing a new binary package soon for VoodooI2C?

Thanks for dropping by Alexandre!
I'll stick to the master branch. Are you near to releasing a new binary package soon for VoodooI2C?
Not yet unfortunately, we had a surge of promising work on the native branch at the beginning of this year but it slowed down because we haven't been able to fully reverse the protocol of the MT2 and there's still many outstanding bugs that we weren't able to solve. None of us really have the time to investigate it further at the moment so it has stagnated.

I don't intend for there to be a release between now and whenever we get the native branch working (except for maybe some bug fixes that could crop up). The custom multitouch engine we are using in the current release is good but it is too much of a hassle to modify/improve and there are some weird bugs and memory leaks with it so I hope to be able to move away from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back