Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
@the-darkvoid I'm running your repo on High Sierra 13.3 (Bios 2.5.1) and everything works great (thanks by the way). However, I'm struggling with Power Management, my CPU idles at 1.3ghz (i7-8550u). Never seen it go lower. I've tried using Pike's FrequencyVectors.sh but that had no effect. Was wondering what your CPU idles at?

Not sure what's going on but I tried the patchmatic output from gen_debug, executed iasl -da -dl *.aml and it disassembled just fine.

Of course, WiFi still doesn't work: Network panel freezes if I either have WiFi on the left side or WiFi enabled

Attached debug zip from gen_debug with WiFi card BIOS-enabled but macOS-disabled (otherwise I cannot even get online nor save IOReg)

I know this card may not work on XPS 9360 but still thanks a lot (maybe there is hope)

You might try a different WiFi card (BCM94325Z commonly used around here).

Hello
I'm sharing my French "AZERTY" keyboard layout made with Ukelele.
Update 2018 09 18 : Trema and circumflex accents added

Attachments

• XPS AZERTY French.dmg
    28.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
@the-darkvoid I'm running your repo on High Sierra 13.3 (Bios 2.5.1) and everything works great (thanks by the way). However, I'm struggling with Power Management, my CPU idles at 1.3ghz (i7-8550u). Never seen it go lower. I've tried using Pike's FrequencyVectors.sh but that had no effect. Was wondering what your CPU idles at?
What do you use to determine your idle speed?

Me too. I tried ssdtprgen by piker but no luck. The idle speed is still 1.3ghz with 3.7ghz at max. Mine is 8550u too.

I still can’t seem to change the DVMT stuff. I thought everything was great until I noticed my screen resolution was 1600x900 (or something like that). Basically 1/4 of the native resolution, QHD. Fixing the resolution drops available graphics memory down 21mb at 3200x1800 or something like that.

I thought all my BIOS settings were right, but maybe not. Any suggestions on which BIOS settings might not alllow DVMT changes?

Otherwise, everything I’ve tested seems to work.

Having some issues setting the DVMT pre-alloc. I installed Clover myself and the EFI shell is GNU Grub, apparently. Perhaps that's the problem? Anyway, I get a somewhat concerning message when trying to set the pre-alloc form 64-->128, but nothing seems to change. I thought that the BIOS would report out 128MB. Am I missing something?

I still can’t seem to change the DVMT stuff. I thought everything was great until I noticed my screen resolution was 1600x900 (or something like that). Basically 1/4 of the native resolution, QHD. Fixing the resolution drops available graphics memory down 21mb at 3200x1800 or something like that.

I thought all my BIOS settings were right, but maybe not. Any suggestions on which BIOS settings might not alllow DVMT changes?

Otherwise, everything I’ve tested seems to work.

Depends on how your are 'fixing' the resolution. If you want to change resolutions beyond what is available through system preferences, I advice you use Retina Display Menu (RDM). By default the laptop will start in 1600x900 which is exactly half of 3200x1800 (the native resolution), meaning it runs in 2x retina mode (the screen actually renders 2 pixels for every 1 pixel leading to a crisp look)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back