Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot, great job.

Last edited:
@the-darkvoid I downloaded the files from your github, it works,thanks a lot, but there's a issue. The bluetooth always lost after rebooting and it takes a long time to login into the system. When I reboot into Win10,Bluetooth lost either. Device Manager shows “Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request failed)”. If I shutdown the laptab and wait for a while , Bluetooth works both in MacOS and Windows。If I don't use "--patch-had" scripts , Bluetooth seems working fine. Xps 13 9360,Dw1560. How can I fix it,thx, and sorry for my poor English.

That should work.
Try it on Windows on the same laptop.

Cable and laptop definitely not faulty.

Tried it with ubuntu and succeeded. Must be a software issue

Last edited:
@the-darkvoidIf I shutdown the laptab and wait for a while , Bluetooth works both in MacOS and Windows。If I don't use "--patch-had" scripts , Bluetooth seems working fine. Xps 13 9360,Dw1560. How can I fix it,thx, and sorry for my poor English.

Using DW1560 here also, no issues. I use it with a Bose QC35 bluetooth headset most of the time.
I did update against the latest Windows firmware though. Thats not committed in BrcmPatchRAM or my repo yet.

Personally haven't had issue with --patch-hda, but I have updated the repository now with an AppleALC solution, you can give that a try.

I updated mixup and tried to disabled -disablegfxfirmware but then my boot get stuck at loading firmware for gfx (and it loop there).

I also tried to use the I2C kext for touchpad but I don't think it is working. Can I deleted the VoodooPS2Controller for trackpad? If I do the trackpad does not work anymore (so I guess the I2C is not working?)

Attachments

• debug_14.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
Hello,

Finally I get my Hackintosh almost fully functional.
However, the audio is partially working:

- External speaker works nice
- Headphone jack not working: No audio when fully plugged.

When I hold the button on the headphone control, there is sound with mostly noise and crack.
When I pull out half of it, it kind of works but with little noise and crack.

I used VoodooHDA to get my audio functional. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

I used VoodooHDA to get my audio functional. Any ideas?

Use AppleHDA patches or AppleALC to patch it for you. VoodooHDA generally works less well with advanced functionality such as headphones.

My macOs freezes after retrieving from sleep - i'm able to turn on the screen, move the mouse for about a second - but than it freezes completely until reboot.

Does anyone know, how to solve this issue?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 72
My macOs freezes after retrieving from sleep - i'm able to turn on the screen, move the mouse for about a second - but than it freezes completely until reboot.

Does anyone know, how to solve this issue?

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back