Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan @the-darkvoid Do you guys have any idea how I can make Firewire work on the TB3 port with the apple adapters?

When i do a check at UseARTFrequency in clover I get much better scores (single core 6200 with the i7-7500U), but I had bad issues with audio. It took me a few days to figured out the problem. Without the check the score is always around 4000.

UseARTFrequency=true is probably throwing off all timing, resulting in artificially inflated scores.

UseARTFrequency=true is probably throwing off all timing, resulting in artificially inflated scores.
Thank you for your comment. it´s always a pleasure to read the whole thread with your comments to learn more :)
@the-darkvoid thank you for your GitHub repo to install High Sierra at this beautiful Notebook.
@bozma88 thank you for this very special walkthrough to understand how a hackbook works.

Sorry mates, but now it´s more than a year that I start reading this thread, maybe every two days and it´s beautiful how it grows and which interesting ideas and tweaks are and was born here.
oh, and of course all of you who make my book so great.

Last edited:
[delete]

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_20180207_141718.jpg
    IMG_20180207_141718.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 112
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 76
Hey guys, i tried to install High Sierra, however, clover USB isn't even recognised in bios. I followed Rehabman's guide on installing clover on GPT with single HFS+J, just like what I did a couple of months ago to install Sierra.

I've tried different USB sticks, but the issue persists. Any thoughts on this? I'm running bios 1.3.5

Thank you

Hey guys, i tried to install High Sierra, however, clover USB isn't even recognised in bios. I followed Rehabman's guide on installing clover on GPT with single HFS+J, just like what I did a couple of months ago to install Sierra.

I've tried different USB sticks, but the issue persists. Any thoughts on this? I'm running bios 1.3.5

Thank you

You probably did not disable secure boot...
Note for the USB installer, it is easier to use MBR/2-partition.

You probably did not disable secure boot...
Note for the USB installer, it is easier to use MBR/2-partition.

Hi Rehabman, i found the issue. it's just because i somehow added boot option for my ubuntu before. I guess the bios can only see maximum 2 UEFI boot partitions at most. After I deleted the boot entry for ubuntu. Clover shows up just fine.

Hi Rehabman, i found the issue. it's just because i somehow added boot option for my ubuntu before. I guess the bios can only see maximum 2 UEFI boot partitions at most. After I deleted the boot entry for ubuntu. Clover shows up just fine.

Typically, for booting the installer, you should be pressing your BIOS hotkey to access the boot menu (not BIOS setup).
For the BIOS boot menu, what you have in UEFI entries does not matter (all possible boot devices will be listed).
Post-install... for booting Clover from your system drive, UEFI entries in BIOS matter.

Typically, for booting the installer, you should be pressing your BIOS hotkey to access the boot menu (not BIOS setup).
For the BIOS boot menu, what you have in UEFI entries does not matter (all possible boot devices will be listed).
Post-install... for booting Clover from your system drive, UEFI entries in BIOS matter.

That's what i thought too! Normally boot menu list all possible boot devices. But it didn't.
However, after i deleted the boot option for my previous ubuntu installation, Clover shows up, Lol. Oh well, probably it was just my boot sequence settings. Thanks RehabMan =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back