Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything has been great with the machine, except the trackpad.

It's extremely buggy. I can use it for maybe 30 minutes and the trackpad goes dead. Doesn't move around at all. Any ideas? TIA.

Here is the output from AppleIntelInfo. Not really sure how to interpret it...

You have pstates x13 through x31:
Code:
CPU P-States [ (12) 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] iGPU P-States [ 18 21 (24) 30 ]

It is not unreasonable, although you might have more (lower) pstates with edits to the plist for X86PlatformPlugin.kext.
But see below...

Thanks, I have the X86PlatformPlugin under CPU0 now using plugin type 1. I was a bit confused since the OP doesn't seem to use it.

My power usage idles around .50-.70W now. Still not getting to 1.00GHz though.

Note that MacBook14,2 is not a valid SMBIOS (no such thing as MacBook14,2... refer to everymac.com).
Maybe you intended to use MacBookPro14,1?

I am trying to re-install my laptop using the HFS+ partition as RehabMan recommended but somehow I cannot boot anymore from the CLOVER on my USB stick. It is exactly the same stick as I used before and I am just getting kernel panic (as in the picture attached). I also tried using the files attached on the first post but I am getting the exact same kernel panic.

I don't understand what happened as the clover usb was working fine until I boot on a ubuntu usb live disk to delete all partitions on my SDD. It never happened to me before also.

Any idea what could have happened? I am planning to reset my bios and wipe again my ssd (from the bios). Or could it be my USB stick is broken? (it is low quality).

Attachments

• panic-1.png
    panic-1.png
    9.6 MB · Views: 130
  • panic-2.png
    panic-2.png
    9 MB · Views: 104
I am trying to re-install my laptop using the HFS+ partition as RehabMan recommended but somehow I cannot boot anymore from the CLOVER on my USB stick. It is exactly the same stick as I used before and I am just getting kernel panic (as in the picture attached). I also tried using the files attached on the first post but I am getting the exact same kernel panic.

I don't understand what happened as the clover usb was working fine until I boot on a ubuntu usb live disk to delete all partitions on my SDD. It never happened to me before also.

Any idea what could have happened? I am planning to reset my bios and wipe again my ssd (from the bios). Or could it be my USB stick is broken? (it is low quality).

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (EFI/Clover is missing).
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thanks Rehabman, here is my clover folder.

I rebuilt the USB but still getting the kernel panic.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back