Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your kextcache shows no AppleHDA components are installed (guide in post #1 calls for cloverHDA.kext).
I have tried to install cloverHDA.kext as well codecCommander.kext using the guide you provided. Is there a reason it is not being installed? I have even tried kext wizard now. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?

I have tried to install cloverHDA.kext as well codecCommander.kext using the guide you provided. Is there a reason it is not being installed? I have even tried kext wizard now. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?

Your kextcache shows CodecCommander.kext is installed/loaded/included in kextcache.
But not cloverHDA.kext.

Your kextcache shows CodecCommander.kext is installed/loaded/included in kextcache.
But not cloverHDA.kext.
Is there a reason that the same method wouldn't work for cloverHDA.kext? I have tried replacing the file with a freshly downloaded one. I noticed that there is no layout id in the stock config.plist. Do we need to add this ourselves?

Is there a reason that the same method wouldn't work for cloverHDA.kext?

You should probably check that the file you have is valid and up-to-date.
Don't forget the requirement of boot without caches, rebuild cache, reboot...

I noticed that there is no layout id in the stock config.plist. Do we need to add this ourselves?

layout-id is injected via ACPI in this guide.

You should probably check that the file you have is valid and up-to-date.
Don't forget the requirement of boot without caches, rebuild cache, reboot...

layout-id is injected via ACPI in this guide.
Problem solved. Thanks for your help. The file was invalid. I extracted it using windows the last few times and that seemed to be causing the problem. I extracted it again in sierra. That seems to have solved the issue. Such a silly thing

Has anyone had success with native thunderbolt 3 support by updating to a higher SMBIOS? I'm hoping to be able to use a thunderbolt dock for video out.

Problem solved. Thanks for your help. The file was invalid. I extracted it using windows the last few times and that seemed to be causing the problem. I extracted it again in sierra. That seems to have solved the issue. Such a silly thing

I actually had the same issue with that kext being corrupt when extracting with Windows. Took me forever to realize what was wrong.

It's actually really easy to get it up and running on the i7-7560U, there's just a few parameters you have to adjust in the clover config (and one of the kexts iirc) in order to make the system think you have the skylake counterpart for the cpu & gpu (i.e. 6560U + Iris 540). You can check my posts in this thread to see what I've changed, but it'll probably be easier just to wait for now until we have native Kabylake support when 10.12.6 comes out.
Can you please share your config.plist or clover folder? I have the same laptop configuration (i7 7560 with iris 640) and I am not able to figure out the changes for graphics to work.

My XPS13 is almost perfect with everything working, one minor detail I discovered after working with it for a few hours is that certain websites with Safari causes the mouse to freeze every few seconds for a brief moment. Loading the same site in firefox doesn't freeze the mouse. The same site on my "real" macbook doesn't freeze the mouse either so it's something with the hack, can't figure out what. Anyone else having a similar issue?

My XPS13 is almost perfect with everything working, one minor detail I discovered after working with it for a few hours is that certain websites with Safari causes the mouse to freeze every few seconds for a brief moment. Loading the same site in firefox doesn't freeze the mouse. The same site on my "real" macbook doesn't freeze the mouse either so it's something with the hack, can't figure out what. Anyone else having a similar issue?

Install Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back