Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Layout-id=13 in Clover plist shouldn't be needed, because it's already injected through SSDT-HDEF.aml (0x0D).
If that SSDT injection isn't working for you, and you need layout-id to be injected through Clover, there's something wrong with your config, I think.
I think I have the same problem. I don't know much about SSDT injection. How can I learn more and especially for this audio troubleshooting.
Thanks

Hey, I am having a problem installing macOS on my XPS 13 9360. It does not seem to be a kernel panic but during installation on phase 1 it seeming suddenly reboots itself when the installer has 6 seconds remaining. It hangs for a bit and then suddenly shuts off. Then I thought phase 1 might be over but upon rebooting into the USB and selecting "Boot OS X Install from Install macOS Sierra" it loads and takes me back to phase 1. It seems like I am unable to get out of phase 1 and into phase 2. Sorry about the upside down pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_1602.JPG
    IMG_1602.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1603.JPG
    IMG_1603.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1604.JPG
    IMG_1604.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 103
Hey, I am having a problem installing macOS on my XPS 13 9360. It does not seem to be a kernel panic but during installation on phase 1 it seeming suddenly reboots itself when the installer has 6 seconds remaining. It hangs for a bit and then suddenly shuts off. Then I thought phase 1 might be over but upon rebooting into the USB and selecting "Boot OS X Install from Install macOS Sierra" it loads and takes me back to phase 1. It seems like I am unable to get out of phase 1 and into phase 2. Sorry about the upside down pictures.
I noticed that you have a lot of windows boot options. I do not have any, although I formatted the hard drive with disk utility in the installer.

Perhaps it is the fastboot option, however I only remember there being 2 options, minimal and thorough. No option to completely disable. Will check when have time.

As far as I remember you should see two bootable options after the reboot, one that's the USB and one that is the internal SSD... Maybe you could try to completely format the SSD (Windows has been a real pain in my hackintosh experience) and then try to see if there's any other option. Also, Are you installing High Sierra? If so, make sure that APFS.efi has been added to clover in the USB pendrive

As far as I remember you should see two bootable options after the reboot, one that's the USB and one that is the internal SSD... Maybe you could try to completely format the SSD (Windows has been a real pain in my hackintosh experience) and then try to see if there's any other option. Also, Are you installing High Sierra? If so, make sure that APFS.efi has been added to clover in the USB pendrive

I have formatted the SSD drive and clover only shows the usb as the only bootable disk.

Ok I formatted the SSD and when I attempt to install, the same process happens. After the phase 1 completes it shuts off and I boot back into the USB only to be shown one option which when ran takes me back to phase 1.

After not having any success with 10.12.6 i have decided to give HS a try. No luck unfortunately. Got this Kernal Panic, and have no idea what it could be
camera_capture.jpg

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 77
Hello,
How to decrease the display brightness ? it seems always max out ..
thanks in advance

Last edited:
After not having any success with 10.12.6 i have decided to give HS a try. No luck unfortunately. Got this Kernal Panic, and have no idea what it could be
camera_capture.jpg

set config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixHeaders_20000000=true

Ok I formatted the SSD and when I attempt to install, the same process happens. After the phase 1 completes it shuts off and I boot back into the USB only to be shown one option which when ran takes me back to phase 1.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?
What version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back