Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about not following the rules. I think I've gathered all of the necessary information and have included it as part of the attached zip.
  1. Clover directory from main disk.
  2. clover verbose output snapshot in clover_verbose_output.jpg.
  3. Lib/Ext directory listing in LE_ls.txt.
  4. Sys/Lib/Ext directory listing in SLE_ls.txt.

Why do you have duplicate content in SSDT-NVME.aml and SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml?

Hello,
I'm running on bios 1.3.2 and sierra 10.12.3. Since I got some issue with bluetooth sleep and trackpad, I would like to update to the last version of sierra following the guide updated in first page.
I'm looking for bios version 1.3.5 which is not available from dell download page. Is there any other website where I can download the bios ? I assume that I will have to do again the DVMT patching since I'm updating the bios

if someone need it I found a link to donwload bios 1.3.5

@RehabMan I can't find the SMBIOS truncation bug patch for Clover you were talking about some posts ago. My SMBIOS is truncated to MacBookPro1 instead of MacBookPro14,1 and I can't find a solution.

Also, after last sleep bluetooth disappeared. It's probably not seen as connected from the system, I've seen this problem reported some posts ago but I didn't find a solution. Reboot doesn't work. Is there a way to re-enable it? Perhaps refreshing the IO device list? No idea, I'm just hoping I don't have to reinstall.

I'll attach the IOReg file and EFI, thanks for the support

Attachments

• IOReg.zip
    692 KB · Views: 74
  • EFI.zip
    22.5 MB · Views: 72
@RehabMan I can't find the SMBIOS truncation bug patch for Clover you were talking about some posts ago. My SMBIOS is truncated to MacBookPro1 instead of MacBookPro14,1 and I can't find a solution.

Also, after last sleep bluetooth disappeared. It's probably not seen as connected from the system, I've seen this problem reported some posts ago but I didn't find a solution. Reboot doesn't work. Is there a way to re-enable it? Perhaps refreshing the IO device list? No idea, I'm just hoping I don't have to reinstall.

Casual bluetooth issues after standby are still unsolved to this date.
Some systems are less affected than others.
Also, regenerating kext cache in some instances improves the chance that bluetooth will be working after standby.
We've never been able to pinpoint the actual cause.
Anyway, reboot does not fix the issue because the BT device stays powered during reboot and does not clear its corrupted state.
You need a power cycle (cold boot) to fix a sleep-corrupted bluetooth device.

config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/DellSMBIOSPatch=true

@RehabMan same here. All problem reporting files in attachements. Thanks!

I suspect you do not have the latest ACPIBatteryManager.kext.
Current version is 1.81.3.
You can see which version you're running in ioreg (look at AppleSmartBatteryManager node, property RM,Version).
Hint: Had you provided a correct ioreg (eg. from IORegistryExplorer v2.1), I would have checked it for you...

Last edited:
I have BIOS 1.3.5, is this the one we should be on? I read that other versions were causing problems. Can anyone confirm please or tell me the safe one to upgrade to? Also I am unable to extract the 1.3.5 bios from the .exe with winrar or any other method I've tried. Can someone please tell me how they successfully extracted it?

Why do you have duplicate content in SSDT-NVME.aml and SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml?

Good call. Removing SSDT-NVME.aml solved the issue. I'm still a little fuzzy about which kexts go in SLE vs LE. Is there a guide you can point to which outlines how to determine this? My computer wouldn't let me use the mouse and keyboard until I put the Voodoo kext into LE.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back