Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys and girls. I need some help.

I've patched my DSDT files and almost ready to install MacOs. Only thing missing is to change DVMT to 64mb.

1. In Windows 10 the DVM is set to 128MB, but i still get kernel panics. ( Is more not better or must it be 64 MB?)
2. Tried to change by downloading BIOS version 1.3.2 .exe file from Dell.
But I can't extract the file with 7-zip, unrar, or any other software i can find on the internet.
( Any suggestions here?).
Btw. im trying to change my DVMT by using this as guideline
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...etting-dvmt-in-insydeh20-bios-laptops.165104/

It seems a little old. Can someone confirm that it is still valid?

( How do i get this in my bio?)
My specs are:
Dell xps 13 9360
Intel i5-7200U 2.5 GHz
Intel HD Graphics 620
1920 x 1080 FHD
256 GB SSD

Thank you .
Br.

Hi guys and girls. I need some help.

I've patched my DSDT files and almost ready to install MacOs. Only thing missing is to change DVMT to 64mb.

1. In Windows 10 the DVM is set to 128MB, but i still get kernel panics. ( Is more not better or must it be 64 MB?)

I think you forgot to read the FAQ.
IMPORTANT!: Contrary to many of the guides you will read, Windows is NOT a valid way to determine what DVMT-prealloc is set to. There is no correlation, especially with Windows 10.

Hi, is there any method you used to get the usb-c port work?

Hi, is there any method you used to get the usb-c port work?
Hi, for me its working without any more than bozzma's settings, however:
1) For HDD its not hot swappable, for displays it is
2)works perfect as USB, not as thunderbolt 3, I guess because we are using MBP 9,1 definition, and that machine dosen't have TB
3) It charges Fine, via usb3 , but some have experienced freezes when removing/attaching the charger.

Are your caps lock working just fine? Mine is getting that annoying error with voodoops2 from the last time OS X was updated.. i have to press it twice to make it on, or off.

I don't get it. Honestly, you say you want to make it reproducible, and help others eager to learn (which I am), and then you are like "do this for WiFi" (no word on where it should be done), "replace your network card" (why?), "patch dvmt from bios" (like wtf are you talking about?)…
I guess most of my disappointment stems from the fact that I seem to be the only one not getting a word of what you are talking about. Like everyone will just point to your Guide and say it works perfectly, while I don't understand anything.

I guess this is just a bit of feedback, don't take it personally or anything, I'm just extremely frustrated right now.

I don't get it. Honestly, you say you want to make it reproducible, and help others eager to learn (which I am), and then you are like "do this for WiFi" (no word on where it should be done), "replace your network card" (why?), "patch dvmt from bios" (like wtf are you talking about?)…
I guess most of my disappointment stems from the fact that I seem to be the only one not getting a word of what you are talking about. Like everyone will just point to your Guide and say it works perfectly, while I don't understand anything.

I guess this is just a bit of feedback, don't take it personally or anything, I'm just extremely frustrated right now.

Thank you for your feedback.
Hackintoshes are for advanced users, able to learn without tutoring.
Laptop hackintoshes are for even more advanced users.
You won't ever find a single thread where everything is explained, because the hackintosh world is immense and it's the sum of tens of years of discoveries and contributions.
Threads in the Guides sections are made to gather informations and provide a baseline for specific hardware models.
For generic questions, there are generic forum sections.

You'd better start from generic introductory guides, there's plenty of high-quality ones here in the forum.
A bit of knowledge about the inner-workings of a PC is highly recommended.
A bit of knowledge about programming is advised.

Anyway, every feedback is appreciated. Hope you'll find your way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back