Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might have been an issue with adding from S/L/E under normal permissions. Could you use the X86 from previous post - it's the same one.

Might have been an issue with adding from S/L/E under normal permissions. Could you use the X86 from previous post - it's the same one.

Also, please, explain me your USB patches in UIAC.aml. Why HSPx connectors? I don't see any HSP connector in my (and your) DSDT. It is an error?

I'm doing some research on the DVTM patching. (this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-hd-graphics-5500-on-os-x-yosemite-10-10-3.162062/)

They show a way to check how much DVMT pre-allocated memory that's configured using windows. If I follow his steps and look in windows I see that my laptop has 128MB of dedicated video memory. Your guide says that this laptop has 32MB (so 0 in windows).

Does this mean that i won't have to do the bios patching because i already have enough memory? I would really like to avoid doing it if possible. I have the exact same version as you only difference is that I ordered it with Linux.

Screenshot (6).png

I'm doing some research on the DVTM patching. (this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-hd-graphics-5500-on-os-x-yosemite-10-10-3.162062/)

They show a way to check how much DVMT pre-allocated memory that's configured using windows. If I follow his steps and look in windows I see that my laptop has 128MB of dedicated video memory. Your guide says that this laptop has 32MB (so 0 in windows).

Does this mean that i won't have to do the bios patching because i already have enough memory? I would really like to avoid doing it if possible. I have the exact same version as you only difference is that I ordered it with Linux.

View attachment 259419
Windows reports inaccurate values.
Do the DVMT patching, it's trivial.

There was mention of the probability of the 7500U w/ QHD being the freezing hardware, and wanted to say that I never had the issue in the two times I installed and used macOS. DVMT patched, and BIOS settings used from the OP as well as touchscreen disabled since I have no use for it. I wish I could attach troubleshooting files but I botched the setup with a failed dual boot and will probably wait until bozma88 updates the guide for 10.12.15.

Also, please, explain me your USB patches in UIAC.aml. Why HSPx connectors? I don't see any HSP connector in my (and your) DSDT. It is an error?

I had discovered those ports when I had originally injected all ports and plugged in USB3 connections. In fact I'm not sure if these two are 100% correct however this SSDT definitely works better than the other one (it is related to freezing on my machine).

I've attached the dsl in case you want to make any changes, I'd welcome any fixes if you think further improvements can be made.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.dsl
    2 KB · Views: 138
I had discovered those ports when I had originally injected all ports and plugged in USB3 connections. In fact I'm not sure if these two are 100% correct however this SSDT definitely works better than the other one (it is related to freezing on my machine).

I've attached the dsl in case you want to make any changes, I'd welcome any fixes if you think further improvements can be made.

Very strange. Your DSDT does not expose HSP ports, and there's no way you discovered HSP ports with USB3 devices, these are SS ports. Also, you cannot have SS01 and SS02 ports without related HS01, HS02 ports.
I think it's just a typo, but please tell me if I'm wrong.

The right patch is this attached, and if this leads to freezing, the root cause has still not been discovered.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    387 bytes · Views: 127
Thanks @bozma88 - this USB patch works great as well! No freezing or any anomalies.

I happen to have the XPS 13 9360 with the i7 7560u / Intel Iris Plus.
What do I need to consider when planing to give an installation a shot?
I'm thinking about buying a second SSD, replace the Linux one and give it a shot.

What about all those Text snippets you attached to your guide? Where can I read more about how to make use of them? I mean the text below this for example:

[R] [sys] IRQ Fix
Code:
[R] [sys] IRQ Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back