Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great!! Thank you so much!!
Thank @fv316 instead ;)

Good news everyone.
Found a way to make headphones, microphones and jack sense work reliably, even after wake from stdby.
We are getting close to a 100% working machine, also known as a true Golden Build, the holy grail in the Hackintosh scene.

Will update the guide after some testing.

Fantastic news!!!

At last!
Guide updated with fully working audio: internal speakers, internal microphones, headphones output with jack sense.
Everything works even after wake from sleep.
Switched to InsanelyDeepak's ALC256v2 cloverHDA, RehabMan's CodecCommander fork and SSDT for custom config.
I configured CC to fully reset after wake otherwise, if I woke the machine with headphones already inserted, I'd loose HP audio until a unplug-replug cycle.

There's still a small open issue: the headphones amplifier shuts down after 30s of silence to save energy.
Every time it turns on (or off), a loud POP is heard through the headphones.
The only config in CC that may mitigate it is the "Send Delay" option, but I think it's only related to EAPD init after wake from sleep. I tried to increase the delay but that does not solve the issue.

@RehabMan, @InsanelyDeepak, maybe you can give us a piece of advice. Ty

At last!
Guide updated with fully working audio: internal speakers, internal microphones, headphones output with jack sense.
Everything works even after wake from sleep.
Switched to InsanelyDeepak's ALC256v2 cloverHDA, RehabMan's CodecCommander fork and SSDT for custom config.
I configured CC to fully reset after wake otherwise, if I woke the machine with headphones already inserted, I'd loose HP audio until a unplug-replug cycle.

There's still a small open issue: the headphones amplifier shuts down after 30s of silence to save energy.
The only config in CC that may mitigate it is the "Send Delay" option, but I think it's only related to EAPD init after wake from sleep. I tried to increase the delay but that does not solve the issue.

@RehabMan, @InsanelyDeepak, maybe you can give us a piece of advice. Ty
I installed the CloverHDA and CodecCommander but it says System extensions cannot be used, any ideas?

I installed the CloverHDA and CodecCommander but it says System extensions cannot be used, any ideas?

Every time you deal with system kexts you have to rebuild caches and reset file ownership/permissions otherwise they won't be loaded.
You can do it manually or with an application.
Search the forum :)

Every time you deal with system kexts you have to rebuild caches and reset file ownership/permissions otherwise they won't be loaded.
You can do it manually or with an application.
Search the forum :)
Got it, the kextbeast I used was corrupted. Everything works for now!! Thank you soooo much!!!

You're right, it's a dummy kext.

Technical question for you: is there a general way to know if a kext has to be put in SLE or injected? Does it come to loading priority? Dependencies? How to know the order of loading? Do injected kexts load before or after system ones? Ty

Guide updated with cosmetic fixes for CPU and GPU models.
Removed IGPU-SSDT because:
1) Redundant if you use clover IntelGPX properties injection as we are
2) Was not working anyway because of a typo
kGPxjCC.png

Happy hackintoshing :)

~~

@RehabMan it would be very cool if Clover allowed sequentially merging config.plist files (like in ACPI tables loading).
This way, we could share a config.plist with the community without Serials, ROMs, etc, and a config-1.plist with only personal data that should not be shared. What do you think? Could it be something worth to (ask to || try to) implement?

If you dig in with hacking, you must know more than me. For now, in my opinion, whether to put a kext to /s/l/e or not, is a case by case basic. This depend on the nature of the kext, what that kext does, how it cooperates with the system. Especially, a good kext developer will have precise documentation about it. But with vanilla software, people prefer SSDT hot-patch as well as efi/clover/kext

I tried and - believe it or not - if I inject CloverHDA there's no way to make it work. Very strange..
Maybe it's because it also requires some AppleHDA hotpatching (see Clover .plist) and there's some loading priority to respect.
Don't know, but for the time being I will leave it in S/L/E.

You should try the anti-pop patches for AppleHDA (refer to config.plist files from my NUC repo).
It might use extra power, but no pop...

I tried and - believe it or not - if I inject CloverHDA there's no way to make it work. Very strange..
Maybe it's because it also requires some AppleHDA hotpatching (see Clover .plist) and there's some loading priority to respect.
Don't know, but for the time being I will leave it in S/L/E.

All kexts are better left installed to the system volume. Kext injection is foreign... not native.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back