Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone with a working USB-C to HDMI adapter, whether it be a Dell multi adapter or any other kind, with video AND* Audio working and hooked up to a TV, please upload a ioreg file here for me please. TIA

@bozma88 do you know why we need to use 13 for the audio ID and not 1 or 12 like in other laptops like the 9350?

@bozma88 do you know why we need to use 13 for the audio ID and not 1 or 12 like in other laptops like the 9350?

layout-id is an arbitrary choice by the person creating the patched AppleHDA components.

layout-id is an arbitrary choice by the person creating the patched AppleHDA components.

So are you saying we can just change it to 12 if we change the info.plist in AppleHDA?

So are you saying we can just change it to 12 if we change the info.plist in AppleHDA?

It is more than the Info.plist.
Also appears in layout XML.
No reason to change it. As I wrote earlier, it is an arbitrary choice.

Aa of today, TRRS (headphones with mic) plugs are not working.

I am intending to get a Dell Laptop to install OSX this weekend, but not sure which to choose.. what would you suggest?

XPS 15 or the new "Dell Precision 5520" ?

And if your guide would work on XPS 15 & Precision 5520?

I'd suggest XPS 15 9560 with 100WHr battery and FHD screen.
This guide will serve as a basis but please don't post your issues here.
If a dedicated thread is not present, open one, ask for advice and slowly build up a guide by yourself.
Try to get one with a SSD drive that can be formatted to 4K block size (Toshibas are good).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back