Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having freezing problems when connecting or disconnecting the power plug? I get frozen screen every time.

Sorry Guys, I was away for a couple of weeks. I don't have any freezing with mine.

Quick update - booting Clover in Legacy (EFI) mode instead of UEFI does not freeze for charger plug/unplug.

I'll shortly be posting Problem Reporting files for both EFI and UEFI, but for now it looks to be related to Clover, or this BIOS's UEFI implementation.

Attachments

• notworking.zip
    10.7 MB · Views: 71
I have patched CoreDisplay and enabled all resolutions. It's fantastic! Here is the patch:

sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|\xB8\x01\x00\x00\x00\xF6\xC1\x01\x0F\x85|\x33\xC0\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\xE9|sg' /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/Current/CoreDisplay

sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/Current/CoreDisplay

I am still running Bios 1.2.3 (initially downgraded from 1.3.2). DVMT is patched at 64. I didn't try something else.

Last edited:
Here's the working dump in Legacy mode

Attachments

• working.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 82
I'm using a wifi dongle from Edimax, I didn't order the DW1560 card. Can I make the iMessage functional or it works only on built-in cards?

I highly doubt it. You need your wifi to be en0 and builtin (use DPCI Manager). I'm not even sure you'll be able to log into iTunes...

I have patched CoreDisplay and enabled all resolutions. It's fantastic! Here is the patch:

sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|\xB8\x01\x00\x00\x00\xF6\xC1\x01\x0F\x85|\x33\xC0\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\xE9|sg' /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/Current/CoreDisplay

sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/Current/CoreDisplay

I am still running Bios 1.2.3 (initially downgraded from 1.3.2). DVMT is patched at 64. I didn't try something else.

Is your display FHD or QHD?

Last edited:
I'm using a wifi dongle from Edimax, I didn't order the DW1560 card. Can I make the iMessage functional or it works only on built-in cards?

tpr6EGG.png

I'm waiting on a DW1560 to arrive through USPS, but in the meantime I've been using my iPhone and NullEthernet to get online and use Apple services. Followed the guide for iMessage before going online, and it's been fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back